Handmade Gift Ideas
When you need to give a gift for the holidays or any other occasion to show that you are thinking about that person or that you care about them consider a handmade gift. A handmade gift is unique and special. Chances are a handmade gift will be something that they do not already own. A handmade gift can be created that will be something the recipient will treasure and have more meaning. It will show them that you actually thought about the gift and that you care about them, at the same time, it will put a huge smile on their face.
If you are strapped for cash and need to obtain a gift for someone, here are some ideas that are under $10.00:
* Gather some construction paper, markers, crayons, and stickers. Use these items to make a handmade gift card
* Go through your photos and gather some of the recipient, use the nature of the photo and purchase some stickers that match the theme, using construction paper or scrapbook paper write a few words about the photo add the photo or photos to it and place it in a photo frame. This will be something that can be displayed and will be a keepsake
* create a personal poem about the person, print it on colored paper, add some photos or clip art, have it framed to present as a gift
* purchase some paints, paintbrush, and a blank glass or mug from your local dollar store, paint a picture, or write the person's name, on the glass or mug
* Lastly, obtain a blank CD and using your computer and a movie making software to make a mini movie of the gift recipient. Try to include events from throughout the person's life including the funny ones, make a movie and present to the recipient.
If these ideas are not for you, then you can also purchase handmade gifts, like handmade pottery, glass figurines, jewellery, lap throws, scarves, mittens, and even serigraphs. A serigraph is a graphic that is silk screening on paper.
Just remember, if you are going to order something that is handmade, you will need to make sure and place your order early enough so that the artist has time to create your unique gift. However, you can purchase items that are already handmade from farmer's markets, art shows, craft exhibitions, church bazaars, Christmas bazaars, and even EBay.