Homemade Christmas Gifts
Sometimes we have a large amount of people to get Christmas gifts for but not a large amount of money. Well you can still get something for everyone on your list. Here are some ideas for homemade Christmas gifts that will come straight from the heart:
* If you crochet or knit socks, stuffed animals, Afghans, gloves, and scarves are wonderful homemade gifts.
* Artist could paint or draw a picture and frame it for the recipient.
* You could ask people, who are close to the person you want the gift to be for, a specific question about that person. Take all the responses and create a page of different fonts and designs on your computer. Print it off on card stock place it in a frame or report type folder and this will be a gift they will treasure forever.
* You could write Bible verses, family name and year, or baby's first Christmas, on bought ornaments with paint pens.
* Bake some different cookies, like sugar cookies, gingerbread cookies, fudge brownies, peanut butter cookies, snicker doodles, or make some fudge, chocolate covered cherries, etc., and box them up to give as a homemade gift. You can make a pretty decorated bag for your goodies too.
* Write an acrostic poem for that special someone. Print and frame it for a real nice personalized gift that they will treasure.
* Replant some of your herbs or plants in old aluminum cans. Use a basket or wooden crate to place the cans in and decorate it with ribbons.
* Bake a loaf of bread, add some Italian herbs to a olive oil bottle and place both in a basket. Decorate the basket with ribbon and give this as a gift.
* Print and frame interesting facts concerning the year in which the gift recipient was born.
* Decorate a basket with ribbons and bows and then fill it with candy bars.
* Decorate a basket with ribbon and bows and make a coffee drinkers day. Place 2 mugs with their favorite coffee, cappuccino, or hot chocolate mix, coffee filters and measuring spoon, in the basket and give as a gift.
There are many, many things you can do to have a gift that was homemade. For instance, if you woodwork, you can make a plague with the family name on it, or you could make a magazine rack, hand painted wall plague, or a shelf to give as a gift. Bake extra sugar cookies and make Christmas tree ornaments from them. You can purchase little stockings and hand paint individual names on them to hang on the tree. If you make candles you could make a basket of candles for someone of their favourite scents. For the fisherman recipient, get a tin bait pail and make fish shaped cookies, add gummy worms, fishing lures, and goldfish crackers, for a unique and special homemade Christmas gift.