Margaret Atwood stops a puck

I don't know if there are any Atwood fans here, but if so, you must check out this link and watch her instructional video -- she teaches you how to be a goalie! This was on a Canadian comedy show this week.

http://www.cbc.ca/mondayreport/

Uh, and for a bit of relevance, what's your favourite Atwood novel?

2. # ADS

THE BLIND ASSASSIN! it's one of my favorite novels, period. off to check that link...!

Margaret meets the Daily Show, hilarious!

I've got a first edition of Life Before Man, but that's just because I thought I lost the library's copy but of course it was hiding under my boyfriend's dirty laundry. Yay college.

"The Robber Bride" was the first "adult" book I ever read, as well as the first Atwood. By adult, I mean non-Sweet Valley High material.
    I loved it then and I still do. My other favorites are "The Handmaid's Tale" & "Lady Oracle".

I couldn't make it through "The Blind Assassin". Which killed me, because I love most of her other works. I'm betting the book got good just as I closed it.

Quote Originally Posted by literaryvamp
    "The Robber Bride" was the first "adult" book I ever read, as well as the first Atwood. By adult, I mean non-Sweet Valley High material.
    The Handmaid's Tale would have been my first adult book if my mom hadn't discovered I was reading it and taken it away from me. Instead, my first adult book was Terms of Endearment.

Rick Mercer is just the most funniest person EVER.

"Where I come from, they call that the ATWOOD." I luv it.

You should look though the Monday Report back pages to find the clip of Pierre Burton showign a young lad the proper way to roll a joint. I actaully fell out of a chair laughing.

Best Novel? Blind Assasin, but I haven't read much atwood. And I didn't like Oryx and Crake - too dark for me, and terribly predictable.

del

saw that Monday Report bit on monday. very funny stuff.

my favourite atwood novel is Alias Grace. love those period pieces with female protagonists, especially downtrodden female protagonists.

I've read several of her books and like Alias Grace and The Blind Assasin best. Surfacing was a little out there for me. And The Handmaid's Tale seemed filled with holes.

La la love her!

Remove Ads

Ads