The Kite Runner?

Has anyone read this? I was reading it for my book club, but I had to stop. (Oh, I lie. I was listening to it on CD, but it's unabridged, so that's the same thing, right?)

The one other person I know who has read it won't give me any info about it- she really thinks that I should read it, but it's making me sick.

I don't know what to do! I want to know what happens, but my heart is being ripped out by the story, and I have really bad days after I listen to it.

Can anyone tell me if it ever gets better/easier to read?
    Does it end well?

2. # ADS

Oh my...Now you've got me worried. The Kite Runner is on my list of books on hold at the library. I'm way down the list tho' so I probably won't get it for a while, but is it really difficult to read? (Like emotionally difficult, not like, big words difficult :P)

(And I 'read' books on CD now, too, so you're not the only one!)

I've read it. It is disturbing and sad. It is pretty difficult all the way through. It does end on an up note. but it is hard all the way through. Not as hard as the one particular scene that's probably stuck in your head. I think, for me, it would have been harder to listen to it than to read it.
    BUT....it is a good book and i'm glad i read it. but you might want to weigh how it's effecting you with how much you're going to get out of the book.
    I found it very sad but I loved reading about a country and culture i had never read about before.

I think I'm going to go to the book club meeting and see what everyone else says about it, because they are reading it instead of listening to it.
    I think the hardest part is that it's read by the author, and it sounds so real. The cover says fiction, but I'm just not sure.

It is difficult to read. It's eye opening and shocking, but from other things I've read, it's an honest protrayal of the culture.

I'd like to finish the book, but there's just to much other emotional stuff going for me right now. Maybe I'll wait for the summer.

Everyone loved this book - I hated it. I thought it was so depressing and most of it (toward the end) was completely unbelieveable! I mean, it was well written, but I don't see what all the hype is about...

Remove Ads

Ads