Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Never. Vogue. Ever. For. So. Many. Reasons. That. I. Can't. Even. Punctuate. Them. Properly.

I love to go to Borders, order a drink from the café, and browse through several trillion random magazines (oh, don't be so shocked!). I usually buy Jane, but I'll always read an Architectural Digest/Life & Style Weekly/Vegetarian Times/Budget Living if it's around.

2. # ADS

Well, there are the ones I choose....
    Bust
    Midwifery Today
    HipMama
    Mothering
    Cooking Light
    Ottobre (a Finnish sewing magazine with free patterns!)
    professional journals for special education (my work)

and then there are the ones my mom and dad give me every year...
    Southern Living
    Real Simple
    Organic Gardening
    International Society of Bassists journal
    Better Homes and Gardens

I could do without a couple of the former category, but I haven't had the heart to tell my folks!

Laurie

My favorites are:

Ready Made
    Nylon
    Giant Robot
    Martha Stewart Kids
    Knit 1
    Real Simple

Well, since I have the latest copy of Bust in my bag, I suppose I should send in the subscription card......

Quote Originally Posted by breewell
    Also one or two trashy magazines whenever I'm taking an airplane
    I generally don't read it at any other time, but I always, always, always take Vogue on a plane. It's sort of become a superstition (like, if I don't get my Vogue, will the plane stay in the air?). I confess that I also picked up a copy at the hair salon the other day. I was flipping through it and found an article on Catherine de Medici. I actually closed the magazine and looked at the cover to make sure I was actually reading Vogue. The article turned out to be all about her love life - which was kind of bizarre, actually (what, like I wasn't going to read the whole article?) - but I still thought it was pretty amazing to see something like that in a mainstream women's magazine.

Alison

I used to subscribe to tons, but had to cut back due to time/money issues, so now I only get:
    * BUST
    * MS Kids
    * Everyday Food
    * Teen Vogue (shhhh!)

I dropped Bitch because I wasn't excited when it came in the mail anymore. And Kitchen Sink because the typos were killing me. And Cooking Light because I like Everyday Food better and I can buy Cooking Light's annual recipe book for about the same price as a subscription, or cheaper if it's a used copy.

I buy these every other month or so (like when we make the AL or FL trips):
    * Venus
    * Paste
    * MS Living
    * Nylon
    * Utne Reader

I never got into Readymade. We were not meant to be. I do like to page through the crafty mags at Borders, the only problem is the ones I really love are the expensive ones and I just can't make myself do it.

Also, I would like to get an alternative parenting mag, but I can't seem to find any to look through; I should probly look up HipMama and Mothering.

Quote Originally Posted by moon_lemming

I buy these every other month or so (like when we make the AL or FL trips):
    as much as I love to read and read magazines, whenever I am on the drive back to AL, I get SICK trying to read. I can read for a little bit but then get a headache. God, that'd be nice, though. A good way to kill one of ten hours.

Fiberarts
    Interweave Knitting
    Vogue Knitting (if the patterns are up my alley)
    Countryside (self-sufficency mag)
    Backwoods Home (also self-sufficiency, but more of the gun-totin' variety. The letters section is always good for a laugh)
    Mother Earth News
    Organic Gardening

Quote Originally Posted by soapandwater
    as much as I love to read and read magazines, whenever I am on the drive back to AL, I get SICK trying to read. I can read for a little bit but then get a headache. God, that'd be nice, though. A good way to kill one of ten hours.
    hahaha, and mine's a twelve-hour trip (we passed your school last time and I was like, I know someone who goes there! I'm such a dork.). and I have the same damn problem. isn't it horrible to love to read so much and not be able to even though you have all that time? I usually end up sleeping when I'm not driving, and I always end up feeling like I've wasted time. the mags are for the hours we spend cooped up in a hotel room with sleeping kids; they're easier to hop in and out of than books.

ummm... am i the only one who occasionally gets a HUGE kick out of say... Us Weekly, or In Touch, or (gasp) Star? I would say People, but... the human interest stories break up the celebrity gossip and innuendo...

probably i am. to redeem myself, i do subscribe to Budget Living, Real Simple, Living, Cooking Light, San Francisco (which I don't think is a very good magazine, but its the one the city's got), and have gift subscriptions to Elle and In Style (the In Style comes from the friend who I bought a gift subscription to Us Weekly for, because she was embarassed to get it for herself).

and i really wish i had an excuse to subscribe to Cricket! Which is the best magazine ever. It cheers me up just looking at it.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads