Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why Paint Cats?

after some research, i believe the book is photoshopped...apparently, the book is written in over-the-top-pretentious artspeak and it's just too 'precious' to be believable. however...there seem to be a *lot* of people who think it's real...i just can't believe that it is...the website seems pretty tongue-in-cheek.

2. # ADS

Beanie, could you be right? The language is ridiculous. It never occurred to me that it might be faked. Of course I always believed that Carlos Castaneda studied with Don Juan Mateus also. Metaphor sometimes sails right over my head. If someone finds out these images are photo-shopped, pls alert me. I will have to adjust my world view again.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmatta
    Beanie, could you be right? The language is ridiculous. It never occurred to me that it might be faked. Of course I always believed that Carlos Castaneda studied with Don Juan Mateus also. Metaphor sometimes sails right over my head. If someone finds out these images are photo-shopped, pls alert me. I will have to adjust my world view again.
    I totally thought Carlos Castaneda studied with Don Juan as well!!! Glad I'm not the only one.

the pictures look real but I can't believe the cats would stay still long enough to do all that painting!!

Quote Originally Posted by Katrin
    I think the pictures are Photoshopped - but I couldn't swear to it.
    Yeah.... I have a calendar of it, not the book, and one of the pictures looks like it was a painting or something, that they just photoshopped over. And some of the little blurbs look pretty made up. How could anyone do that to a cat!

I once received the 'clown painted cat' picture in an email. I always assumed the pictured had been 'Photoshopped'

I could never do that to my Blue and Belle, they are pretty enough without it!

Very interesting comments on the website though, and some of the designs, however they got on the cat, are amazing.

i love that book =) and why cats paint.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads