Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

make a zine & swap? sign up here! newbies welcome!

so...i know that there are some folks out there who are interested in making zines...including first timers (a group to which i would proudly belong). anyone interested in maybe doing a swap and/or brainstorming ideas about a theme....or something? i'm completely busy busy busy these days, but i think this would be a welcome diversion. whatchya'll think?!?

2. # ADS

I'm so interested in making a zine! I plan bits in my head all day long.

but entirely clueless about where to start.

I absolutely know I wouldn't find the time to make a whole one myself to do a swap, but maybe we could all send bits on a theme to one person, who could put it together and distribute it back out (if someone was willing to be coordinator I guess, and if others contributed to any costs that would arise from having that role).

???

i am a total first-timer-- i don't think i've even seen a zine in real life, so mine might be a bit creaky, but i'm willing to give it a go if no one else minds getting mine!

as to themes: maybe something seasonal to do with spring or summer?

i'd love the chance to get more experienced zinesters to give advice too-- so maybe it could be a swap and craftalong (i.e. a topic in the forum where the newbies can ask zine-making etiquette and design questions as well as joining the swap?).

i think it sounds like lots of fun.

in the past few days i thought no one was gonna respond ;) so i went ahead and started a mini-food zine. i already have about seven recipes and am working on two tiny essays...i was thinking it'd be really "open" basically "do what you want & call it a zine & send out to anyone else who made one and (to an extent) anyone who wants one." am i showing laziness with my lax attitude? lol...i was trying to make it as easy as possible...!

Quote Originally Posted by beanie
    i was thinking it'd be really "open" basically "do what you want & call it a zine & send out to anyone else who made one and (to an extent) anyone who wants one." am i showing laziness with my lax attitude? lol...i was trying to make it as easy as possible...!
    oh, I like this attitude. If I didn't feel there was any pressure to make anything good I could definitely put something small together. that would be fun.

and belle epoque - I am equally as new to the whole business and definitely think it would be cool if more experienced zinesters could give advice.

I really like that attitude, too, because if I end up not being able to do it, I won't feel like the other swappers are going to hunt me down and tape my arms to a desk until I finish it or be so disappointed that they will cry for six months.

so I'm in! (but I can't guarantee with my life that I'll finish it, because I will probly end up thinking it sucks and putting it off.) maybe if I aim for a small zine it will be less pressure and I won't be as annoying about it.

and I second/third/etc. the loving of tips from experienced zinesters. I'm pretty clueless.

(sorry I replied so late, I didn't see this thread until today for some reason. :)

no! not lax or lazy at all! is the dutch baby in your zine beanie? i guess the only part to make it more "swappy" would be to have someone organizing who sends what to whom and where, and also to decide if we want to have a deadline so people get lots of fun mail at the same time (also to make me get my rear in gear to make the whole zine and send it out).

i'd be glad to coordinate addresses etc. if people want to PM me with their info-- if we set a date, I can gather addresses and send a list to everyone participating so they know how many copies of their zine to make, and when to send them?

it sounds like i am taking over here-- SORRY! it is just such a good idea, and i'm getting excited about it.

belle--no, the dutch baby isn't in this time...!

what i'm thinking is even easier....everyone say if they're "in" by...a certain date...(april 10?) and then mail out whatever they have to the others who have signed up by may 10?

is that reasonable?

as of right now, i'd be mailing to belle, moon, and little...if more people sign up, then one of us could do as belle suggested...

sensible? i'm kinda wingin' it.

i'm glad you're all interested. at this point, i don't see how any of us could do any wrong. whee!

that sounds great-- I'm in. just have to think up a theme! i have these adoreable pix of my mom as a baby, so i might go with "things my mother taught me"... which also means some darn good recipes.

and i'm glad to help out with organizational stuff if we decide we need it.

yay! thank you. that sounds like a really cute idea. i think this will be fun.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads