Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Bookworms...What are You Reading?

Right now I am reading "Santa Fe" by Lawrence W. Cheek in preparation for my trip next week. It's so much more than a travel guide...it really feels like I am reading a historical text and is making me more excited every day about my trip!

I will be heading to the bookstore and/or library this coming weekend to get some brain candy books for the trip. I don't know what they will be yet so I will probably be in the bookstore/library all day, lol.

What about you...What'cha reading?

2. # ADS

To celebrate summer, I'm reading Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. After I'm done with it, I'm going to finish up the English Patient, which I got sidetracked from.

And then I'll probably get a library card so I can read catch-22 again because that's the best book I've read this year.

I'm re-reading some of my favorite children's/YA fiction, the Green-Sky trilogy by Zilpha Keatley Snyder. I've loved these books since I was a kid and recently found the "missing" volume to my set on Ebay.

I think it's one of the best and least-known fantasy series around. I wish someone would re-discover it, decide to make it into a movie and let me work on it.

I just finished The Devil Wears Prada.
    It was a quick read, funny, and made me wonder if magazine editors are all such demanding dictators...! I hear it's being made into a movie with Nicole Kidman in the running for the role of "devil".

Kinky Friedman- Love Song of J. Edgar Hoover

I've been reading "Fraud" by David Rakoff but haven't really been impressed by it. I keep reading along b/c it was a gift and I somehow feel obligated to finish it.

I'm planning to start "The Davinci Code" this weekend. I usually read things that are more off the beaten path but so many folks have told me I'd like this book and I bought it with birthday $ ages ago so I'm gonna give it a whirl.

A book I'm really eager to read from the library is "Stiff". I can't remember the name of the author, but it's by a female medical examiner all about forensics and the like. Not a dinnertime read though!

Quote Originally Posted by soapandwater
    And then I'll probably get a library card so I can read catch-22 again because that's the best book I've read this year.
    Heh, my mom wouldn't let me read Catch-22 when I was a teenager, so when I moved out, it was one of the first books I checked out. I couldn't even get halfway through it, so I still have no idea what she thought was so naughty.

Right now I'm reading magazines -- I just found this one called Rescue, but I should have skimmed it in the bookstore first, because it's creeping me out for some reason. I think it's the editor and the fact that his name seems plastered on half of the pages. Is that a weird reaction, though? I don't mind reading autobiographies, which are totally author-centric, but I guess I just expect something different from a magazine.

I'm going to FL this weekend, which is a 14-hour drive, so I'm taking some books. I've been wanting to read The True History of the Kelly Gang for a really long time, and I have a book called Pirate Hunter, which is about Captain Kidd, that I've been looking forward to reading. For fluff, I have... I can't remember the name, but it's by the author of The Other Boleyn Girl, and it's in the same vein. Oh, and The Girlfriend's Guide to Toddlers or whatever it's called, just so I can reassure myself that I'm not botching the parenting thing up too much.

(I love these threads.)

I'm reading Smilla's Sense of Snow right now and just finished listening to The Reptile Room (2nd Series of Unfortunate Events book) last night.

I am reading Angry Housewifes Eating Bon Bons. Even though, at 27, I may be a little young for it, it's neat, and I like it.

The Devil Wears Prada is next on my nightstand!

I just finished "The Devil in the White City" by Erik Larson which is a really fun read if you're into architecture at all. And now I'm reading "The Intuitionist" by Colson Whitehead which, so far, has also been really great.

Page 1 of 37 12311 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads