Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Haruki Murakami

What would you recommend for a first time reader of his writing?

2. # ADS

Since my last post on this, I've read two more of his books. I still like Kafka on the Shore the best and would recommend it. You'll know right away whether you're going to want to pursue his writing or not. Plus, Kafka is most recent and (as far as I know) most "popularized."

It's me again. Just want to say that the new issue of the New Yorker features a short story by Huraki Murakami.

the elephant vanishes (short stories) was my jump-off for murakami. i've read a lot of his books and while he does have some unifying themes that may seem redundant i love the surrealism of his world/imagination. in short, fun books that make you think.

also, has anyone seen the movie tony takitani? it's based on a short story of his. i thought it was really well done and am curious to hear others' reactions.

Ohmigosh. I posted last September that the latest New Yorker features a Haruki Murakami story, and now it's true again! I didn't know about Tony Takitani, shall see if Netflix has it.

netflix does have it, i got it last month from them. i'm obsessed w/ films based on books - have to read/see both.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads