Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: to-read list

ugh, so many books - problem is you cant knit and read at the same time! am i right?!?!? i do get some on audio, but it is just not the same as sitting down to read and get all involved.

i am intrigued by this master and margarita. hate to say i have not heard of it. but right now i am literally in the middle of jonathan strange - very good; the historian - also very good; and also am almost done with "the jane austen book club". if anyone has read this, i would be interested in getting your opinion

--and am listening to the bartimaeus book - the golem's eye (i think). if you like kids' books, like harry potter, his dark materials trilogy, etc., you would like this series.

for those of you who want to read more classics, i read "go down moses" by faulkner, in college. i enjoyed that one, although it was a bit difficult for me. i did read some hemingway a loonngg time ago. snows of kilamanjaro and some other short stories. but i would like to read "old man and the sea".

tipping the velvet is very good, sexy. sarah waters has a great way of describing scenes/imagery.

oh but here is my list of books that i have but have not read yet---
    City of the Century - about chicago
    Courtroom 302 - also about chicago
    Lost in a Good Book - Jasper Fforde (sp?) - first one Jane Eyre was fun
    the Tales of the Otori series, i read the first one, across the nightengale floor - beautiful books! anyone else read these?
    and i know that i have a ton more laying around that i have just cant remember.!

2. # ADS

I don't know where to begin. I have sooooooo many books to read. I keep a to read list and I keep adding to it all the time. Plus I keep picking up books at the used bookstore and I buy faster than I read.

On my immediate list are:
    The Spirit Ring by Lois McMaster Bujold
    Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
    The Enchanted Forest Chronicles by Patricia C. Wrede
    every Sharon Shinn book I haven't already read
    the final two Alanna books by Tamora Pierce
    the rest of Lyda Morehouse's AngeLINK books
    the Skeen trilogy by Jo Clayton

Quote Originally Posted by denali60610
    the Tales of the Otori series, i read the first one, across the nightengale floor - beautiful books! anyone else read these?
    yes! I finished the trilogy last month. the first one is the best! the second one is a little slow in spots because everything's getting set up for the big finishes in the last one, but it's still good. and I loved the third one almost as much as the first. it's a great, prettily written series.

denali60610 wrote:

moon_lemming wrote:

yes! I finished the trilogy last month. the first one is the best! the second one is a little slow in spots because everything's getting set up for the big finishes in the last one, but it's still good. and I loved the third one almost as much as the first. it's a great, prettily written series.

the books are being printed in these small sets where the book is divided into 2 smaller ones. the cover is very pretty and the paper is a little translucent, so i am a bit enchanted with it. Book 2 doesnt come out until september, so that is why i havent read the last 2. but i am pretty excited about it. :)

ooh, I saw those in the bookstore the other day, they are too too pretty. it made me kind of wish I hadn't borrowed the library's boring hardbacks just so that I'd have an excuse to buy them. ;)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads