Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NaNo in January

NaNo in January

hi all! i am planning to do NaNoWriMo in January and i'm wondering if anyone here is interested in writing their novel then, too? i know it's not the same as doing it with the rest of the world...but i'm still siked! next year i'll do it again in november.

so, any takers? also, anyone know if one may still sign up with NaNo and the forums there for an off month writing spree?

and...how are you current NaNoWriMo novel writers doing? you're almost done! YaY for you!

~paperpeople~

2. # ADS

Heeheee!

Not at your idea, but at the thought that I would be anywhere near done my NaNoWrimo novel! :) As far as I know, there isn't a place on the forums for writing the novel in a different month. From the general questions page:

"One of the best things about NaNoWriMo is the way it spreads the agony of creation throughout a large community of co-sufferers. For the pain to be properly distributed (and thereby diminished), all participants must be working on the same deadline."

There is however, if rumour is correct, a NaNoWriMo-like contest for editing your novel that came from November's suffering. You could probably start a livejournal or something for people who were interested in doing it in January. Good luck!!

I encourage you to give it a try during any month, although November is always the best because it gives you a sense of community and pushes you to actually finish.

Speaking of which I did...my novel ended up with 50016 words.
    I'm so estastic, not only because I finished but because it was my first year trying NaNo.

I'd love to hear how the rest of the GetCrafty crew did who participated.

hey ~paperpeople~, i have totally not finished my story doing NaNoWriMo, and I'm definitely inspired to keep it going with another 50K month of writing! My mom and sister were also really intrigued at the NaNoWriMo idea when I told themI was doing it, and they don't want to wait until next year. So, I'm in--I think that they do keep the NaNoWriMo forums open until October of the following year, too?

Nano in Jan

YaY! Kdaum! CoNgRaTs on finishing your nano novel!! And i checked out your site and love the rolls you make!

YaY! Literary Vamp! CoNgRaTs to you too for writing what you did!

YaY! Belleepoque! You did it too! And you're so ambitious to go it again so soon! I would love it if you guy's wanted to do nano with me in January. We could keep in touch here or at the nano forums. Just let me know!

~paperpeople~

oh my goodness! how lame that i didn't say my big CONGRATULATIONS to kdaum and literaryvamp too! way to go craftista nanoers!

good, good work! i am so proud of all of us! and so thankful to little my who started the original NaNo thread. what a gift! what a find!

luck and hugs to all who brave NaNo in the the New Year.

peace

kort

Total Congrats to all who tried and anyone else who did win. It is an amazing thing to just put your mind to something and actually accomplish it.

I especially loved reading Chris Baty's emails every week documenting the stress and feelings that the NaNo writers were feeling, especially the last one where he told everyone to make a list of other crazy things to do.

I wonder what other sort of crazy and unbelievable things are out there for me to try.

Oh, I almost forgot. Thanks ~paperpeople~!! I love making my knitting and crochet needle rolls, it is a lot of fun.

here's a link to a page on the NaNo site...it includes a link to the livejournal community of writers working in January.

http://www.nanowrimo.org/modules/cja...ndex.php?id=32

peace

kort

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads