I need suggestions to renew my crafty spirit

So I've been overdosing on baby books lately. I'm feeling a bit blah, a bit down and a bit uncrafty. I'm 8 months pregnant and the mind is alive and willing but the flesh is temporarily weak. I'd love some suggestions for books which will inspire me towards a crafty lifestyle once again!

I had a look at The Artist's Way but I don't think that's what I'm really looking for right now. I read the thread here and I'm not sure I could keep up the level of commitment to follow along.

To give an example of what I like, I really loved Jean's book, but I've read it to death and need some variety. I want something meaningful and inspirational, but flowing and easily digestible. I don't know how well I'm explaining myself. Am I looking for something bohemian, alternative? Maybe a bio of an inspirational person?

I've looked through those Amazon.com recommendations but think I'd rather take the advice of getcrafty women. Any ideas?

2. # ADS

zil
    Collage Discovery Workshop by Claudine Hellmuth has been the most inspiring book I’ve read recently. Or maybe try Evidence: The Art of Candy Jernigan. She documents everyday life in such a cool way. It might be fun to make a totally unique baby journal inspired by her, way better than those cookie cutter “scrapbooks” that are so popular with krafers these days. What kind of crafting do you want to try?

My current favorite is Crochet for Dummies- it actually goes up to and a bit past the intermediate level I think, and has several useful patterns. But if you'r looking for inspirational, I'd suggest 'Growing Myself'. It's about how gardening is a good metaphor for life.

I just bought Super Crafty. That book is awesome!

52 projects...
    this book always refreshes me and keeps me crafty and inspired!

i just ordered the new crafty chica book...sounds really fun!! and the starving artists way... should inspire me to get craftin!! Has anyone read either of these yet??

I second the PDX Supercrafty.
    Honestly, I think a few of the projects coulda been done better, but there're a lot of really awesome ideas and projects in there too.

I just got "Wild With a Glue Gun: Getting Together With Crafty Friends" and I really like it. It has ideas on forming craft groups and also project ideas.

I agree on SuperCrafty and 52 Projects... Even if I won't do half of the projects in a book, it just helps to get me inspired.

Also, I was reminded in "Wild With a Glue Gun" that often it is not the finished project but the process that is most important. I did a collage project this weekend that was not worthy of an art gallery but the process of gathering, cutting, arranging, pasting was therapeutic in and of itself.

Remove Ads

Ads