Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by quaisior
    Quote Originally Posted by athena
    the earthsea trilogy by ursula k. le guin - fantasy and i loved it. been searching for something to love as much as harry potter. this was close, and now i have to keep searching for something new.
    :-)
    I don't know if you are interested or not, but there are three more Earthsea books, but they are written more for adults. The titles are Tehanu, Tales from Earthsea, and The Other Wind.
    quaisior, i had noticed them listed in the front of the book i had (it was a qpb special--all 3 books in one), but wasn't sure if they were worth reading. i was going to get some other stuff off my to read list and them check them out. do you recommend them?

2. # ADS

i was just thinking that it was high time for some Ursula K LeGuin!

but in January i read

Teach Your Own by John Holt...good primer about homeschooling. the best parts are the stories he tells about kids and the crazy way they see the world.

Sight Hound by Pam Houston. so good. and i'm not even a dog person. i was just pleased that it seems like Pam's characters (and maybe herself?) are starting to make better choices.

The Year of Magical Thinking by Joan Didion. amazing book about the year after her husband, and fellow writer, died. honest and sad and full of love. makes you want to be married for years and years.

seriously i'm not sure how some of you can read so much in a month, what with work, and all the crafting and well i guess i roleplay two nights a week (yah, imma nerd) and have a very big attention whore boyfriend...

so maybe i do understand. :)

in jan i read Wuthering Heights, again. Washington Square - Henry James, Reading Lolita in Tehran - Azar Nafisi, American Gods - Neil Gaiman, and countless RRG's ;)

I'm utterly ashamed of myself! Apart from magazines (American Heritage, American History, National Geographic) the only book I've been reading is "The Union Cavalry Comes of Age" by Eric Wittenburg--and I've been working on it for two weeks now!

Quote Originally Posted by miightymiighty
    seriously i'm not sure how some of you can read so much in a month, what with work, and all the crafting and well i guess i roleplay two nights a week (yah, imma nerd) and have a very big attention whore boyfriend...

so maybe i do understand. :)

in jan i read Wuthering Heights, again. Washington Square - Henry James, Reading Lolita in Tehran - Azar Nafisi, American Gods - Neil Gaiman, and countless RRG's ;)
    that seems like a good amount to me. :-)

and spiderlady, reading magazines with quality content like that counts as "reading" in my book (hee hee! a pun!). it's like actually reading the new yorker every week. that's a commitment.

Ones I actually read: Seven Types of Ambiguity - Elliot Perlman. (Actually still reading it...about halfway done, it's pretty thick.)
    Feather Your Nest - Cerentha Harris - inspires me to get off my butt and clean the house. Plus it has all those little things I've never known, like how much bleach to use, that you can use vinegar to clean, etc.
    Super Crafty

Ones I skimmed through or didn't completely read
    Modern Girl's Guide to Life - Jane Buckingham - skimmed through most of it because I don't have dinner parties, and I've never known anyone who has had one.
    Bazaar Bizarre - Greg Der Ananian
    Stitch N Bitch Nation - Debbie Stoller
    Collage Sourcebook - Holly Harrison
    And other craft books about sewing or collage or knitting patterns I can't remember the names of them all, mostly I just skip through and look for project ideas, or find some new techniques/tutorials that I want to try.

I read kinda slow, especially now that most of my free time is taken up with projects. I used to read a lot more...but oh well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads