bookish wishlists

They don't have to be "books" per say. Audio Books, magazine subscriptions, collections, and even book reading tools (booklights, whatnot) can be included.

I had to start this thread after I read a post with someone suggesting Coraline in audio book form. I want! I want! I loved that book, and I LOVE Neil Gaiman!

So that is number one.

In the same vein, I want all the collected Sandman and the Neil Gaiman children's books.

Also, I'd love the poetry books by Shel Silverstein and my collection of Sesame Street books from childhood back. I'd also love to get a nice clip on book light in my near future. And the ability to walk and read, ha.

And I found a book just today that has been on my mental wishlist for quite a while... The Bauchman Books by Stephen King. A few years ago, they changed this book and took out one of the first short stories, Rage. I've been jonesing to get my hands on an original copy ever since, since I read the collection as a teenager and loved all those stories and just hated the idea that one of Kings short stories would be lost forever like that. (I can respect it was his decision to no longer print Rage, but I'm a big Stephen King fan, and I actually really liked that story. Instead of encouraging me towards violence, I think it really made me think of the reprucisions. But moving on....)

2. # ADS

I'd really like all the Sin City graphic novels and a subscription to Found magazine--the one where they publish weird little notes and pictures and the like that people find lying around on the ground? I'd also like Happy Kitty Bunny Pony : A Saccharine Mouthful of Super Cute which is full of ridiculously cute pictures and commentary about said pictures. As for real books, what do you think the library is for?

one of my biggest vices is book buying. i love the library but sometimes i just want to be able to pick up the book at any time and flip to a favorite part. plus sometimes i write in my books...a bad habit!

paul pope graphic novels - heavy liquid & 100%
    post secret - extraordinary confessions from ordinary lives
    joan didion - the year of magical thinking
    kazuo ishiguro - never let me go
    Music Supervision: The Complete Guide to Selecting Music for Movies, TV, Games and New Media
    Music and Film: Soundtracks and Synergy

and what's that knitting book - something like unusual toys to knit or something like that.

oh i work in a bookstore and there are tons of stuff i see that i want...greedy eyes!

-the first three harry potter books in hardcover.
    -The Harry Potter books in audio

-Adrian Tomine 32 Stories
    -Blankets (graphic novel)
    -Dan. Clowes Art School Confidential

novels...i want a huge fiction library. these are just some
    -House of Leaves
    -Lord of the flies
    -Anna Kareneina
    -anything by Emile Zola
    -Gabriel Garcia Marquez- 100 years of solitude
    -Chang-rae Lee Native Speaker
    -erm. more.

others...
    -Hungry Planet- it'sa big book bout different cultures and what they eat and their eating habits
    -Mark Bittman's Recipes From Around the World- i think that's what its called.
    -REady Made -how to book

magzz
    -suscription to ready made, and flaunt, metropop, or swindle. ooh, and venus (i alreayd have one to bust)

there are also a bunch of women studies, afr. am studies and asian studies books i want. i'm a bookaphile, if that's a word.

i've got house of leaves if you want to do a trade of some sorts. it's pretty much new - i bought it and never got into it (softcover). i will be back home in ny mid-april.

hmm a swap would be cool- what would you be interested in swapping for?

Remove Ads

Ads