Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

"Happy Hooker" - new Stitch -n- Bitch crochet book

Thoughts? I got it from the library the other day and I haven't had a chance to do much more than skim thru it yet.

But my first reaction was that the how-to info looks great, but I wasn't all that jazzed about the patterns. To me it seemed to reflect the reason why I finally decided to learn to knit atfer years of crocheting: there just seem to be more good-looking knitting patterns than crochet ones. So many crocheted items to me still look grannyish and that's how a lot of the patternsin this book looked.

But there were a few patterns I liked, including a granny square bag thingy.

2. # ADS

Nod. I loved the knitting patterns in the previous books, but wasn't as stoked on the crochet patterns. It's a good addition though, and I can let people borrow it and not cry if it doesn't come back home.

I think single crochet can look great with appliques, but single crochet doesn't work well for some apparel, sometimes.

The instructions are easy to follow (atleast so far....), but the only thing I've commited to attempting to make are the skull oven mitts.

I'm a knitter at heart. Although, I did purchase Subversive Cross Stitch by Julie Jackson. I finished my first project and I'm going to frame it and give it to my sister for her birthday. The design says "Irony is not dead". I thought my sister could put it on her desk at work. She's a divorce lawyer.

I just bought the book because I learned to knit from the Stitch N Bitch books and am hoping to learn to crochet from this one. So far so good. I use the books more as a reference than for the patterns anyway.

I just bought the book because I learned to knit from the Stitch N Bitch books and am hoping to learn to crochet from this one. So far so good. I use the books more as a reference than for the patterns anyway.

I haven't had much of a chance to try stuff out, but the little bit I did was fun.
    The instructions are very clear, and helped me realize what you actually are supposed to do in crochet. I realized I was crocheting wrong actually, and I did not know the proper technique at all. It was more of me randomly guessing how to do it, and being mostly right, but not quite.

The patterns...I love them! I thought that they are some of the best crochet patterns I have ever seen. Everything is completely wearable, and super cute. Unfortunately the things I want to make take a lot of yarn!
    But I love the armwarmers, the blazer, the hats...there are tons of things in there I want to make.

I'm very happy I got this book.

I really liked the handbags. And I too was not crocheting correctly at all but I am figuring it out now. All in all was worth the money to me

I completed the Skull Oven Mitts!!!! I think they are totally cute. I'm giving them to my brother for his birthday.
    It was harder in the beginning, I hate crocheting off the chain. But easier once you get going, and faster!

I also learned how to crochet a round last night. I attached a little string to the edging and made my fluffy grey cat wear it like a hat!! He only kept it on for a few minutes, but it was worth it!

i definitly love the book and most of the patterns! i too learned i was crocheting wrong before. i also never knew how to read a pattern, but these are mostly pretty straight-forward. i've made the pdq hat twice, the skullholders, the arm warmers, the "in bloom" bag, the fat-bottom bag, the garden scarf, the one-skein scarf, and now i'm in progress on the short-n-sweet (or whatever it's called) shrug thingy. it's the hardest so far though, because i don't understand what's going on with the sleeves.
    but all in all, an A+ from me!

i definitly love the book and most of the patterns! i too learned i was crocheting wrong before. i also never knew how to read a pattern, but these are mostly pretty straight-forward. i've made the pdq hat twice, the skullholders, the arm warmers, the "in bloom" bag, the fat-bottom bag, the garden scarf, the one-skein scarf, and now i'm in progress on the short-n-sweet (or whatever it's called) shrug thingy. it's the hardest so far though, because i don't understand what's going on with the sleeves.
    but all in all, an A+ from me!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads