The Poisonwood Bible

This book is a masterpiece of fiction entertwined with fact; the book focuses on a minister who goes to the African Congo with this family during 1960's Congo Rebellion.

The author is Barbara Kingsolver

You meet the family and cast of native Africans during the course of the book.

It definitely worth a read, very much so.

Starsey

2. # ADS

I agree 100%. This book was so good. I read it years ago and pieces of it still pop back into my head. Barbara Kingsolver is a goddess.

I bought this book a long time ago and before i could read it (I was reading like 4 books at the time and my brain is already ....we'll just say I can't take on a lot because i start getting real confused. yeah ) someone borrowed it and never returned it. boo.

my second book club finally got it together and this is the first book we picked. i can't wait to finish it ...

I did think this was a great book, though it's been about four years since I've read it.

I actually read three or so books of hers at that time, with The Poisonwood Bible being the first. It was a great introduction to a fabulous author.

I particularly appreciated the character of Addy. I thought Kingsolver did a great job of dealing with her disabilities, particularly in Congo, and after she grew up.

I'm right in the middle of this and I simply adore it.

I loved this book--reread it several times. I've read several other kingsolver books and I didn't think they were as good though, more in the enjoyable but not rereadable category. Oh well, one book that good is way more than I'll ever be able to write!

I loved this book--reread it several times. I've read several other kingsolver books and I didn't think they were as good though, more in the enjoyable but not rereadable category. Oh well, one book that good is way more than I'll ever be able to write!

i really enjoyed the story in Poisonwood Bible, but i do not enjoy Barbara Kingsolver's writing in and of itself. that said, the story did stick with me and i found it fascinating.

Remove Ads

Ads