Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Oh, I'm so glad to hear someone else has read CA and other works by Mitchell, brdgt! (Well, I know someone else had to be reading his stuff, but I mean more local-to-me ;) I'm glad to hear that another of his reads also holds up to the impression CA made.

2. # ADS

Quote Originally Posted by artgeek
    CraftinFool, was Oranges the first book by Winterson you've read? I only ask because it's quite different from her normal fare and wanted you to be properly warned. Please note, however, that this is only meant as an informational warning--I certainly don't want to scare you off her books. She's one of my favorite authors and has a beautifully unique voice!
    artgeek - thanks for mentioning. Actually, I'd read Writing on the Body first, then Oranges second. I liked them both but agree that the styles were quite different....

I just recently joined a bookclub -- although I was out of town for the first meeting. The book was Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon. It was much larger than books I normally read (743 pages), and the subject matter was not my usual. But the book and characters were so wonderful and magical. I started reading and kept going, finishing it within a week. I was bummed once I finished it and wouldn't get to discuss it at the bookclub meeting -- even though I was told there isn't much discussion about the books anyways(!).

Now I'm re-reading Soul Proprietor by Jane Pollak. It's a great quick-read with lots of life and business advice put in a human way.

I finally finished Confessions of an Economic Hitman. It was a little depressing and naughty enraging so I kept putting it down. But the elections were looming so I finally finished it.

It's very eye opening and I highly recommend it.

Quote Originally Posted by MosaicMadness
    I just recently joined a bookclub -- although I was out of town for the first meeting. The book was Dragonfly in Amber by Diana Gabaldon. It was much larger than books I normally read (743 pages), and the subject matter was not my usual. But the book and characters were so wonderful and magical. I started reading and kept going, finishing it within a week.
    Mosaic - you do realize that this book is the second in Gabaldon's Outlander series, right? I think there are six books. I'm trying to get through the first - Outlander. I have some friends that have read the whole series and LOVE them. In fact, my one girlfriend said that Dragonfly in Amber was her least favorite of the series - so look what you have to look forward to!

Hi Michelle! YES(!) you can imagine how excited I was when I heard it's one of 6 books in series! Great to hear this was the least of your friend's favorite -- lots to look forward to. I told a friend about Dragonfly and she went out that day and bought it, but decided to read Outlander first. I hope to read it when the holiday craziness slows down. Wishful thinking....

Julie

Quote Originally Posted by anthrogirl
    you might want to read "Oranges are not the only Fruit". Kind of depressing, but also empowering. And "Rubyfruit Jungle". I never seem to read lesbian novels anymore. But I can tell you this- Leslie Feinberg is pretty cool in real life- I've run into her a few times over the years.
    I've read Rubyfruit Jungle (for the same class I got Stone Butch Blues for) and I liked it, although I hated the class discussion about it. I have Winterson's books on my books to read list, along with Sarah Waters who I've been wanting to read since I saw the Tipping the Velvet mini-series. It's always nice to find out a writer is a nice person in real life (I've had a few run-ins with jerky authors online and once in person).

I start to read a book which was ( Getting Started in Electronics by Forrest.M.Mims ) about the electronics. Actually I wanted to learn some thing about the electronics and thinking to manufacture some thing myself. but unfortunately I had to go out side that's why this book is still in the pending.

brisbane alarm monitoring
    Last edited by Zachary01; 06-28-2013 at 11:48 PM.

it took for me one year to read great expectations charles dickens & i see many of you here read a lot

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Ads