Thread: frugal reader

frugal reader

Are any of you a part of this forum? I just discovered it and I LOVE it. You list the boks you have and wouldn't mind getting rid of and you basically swap books with people. It has a really awesome community as well and there are always games and drawings going on for free books. Check it out here and I'll get a free book if you say that I (anjanetteopal) referred you when you sign up: http://www.frugalreader.com/index.php

2. # ADS

I use paperbackswap.com and I really like it. The only thing is at some point the people who run the site might charge a membership fee. There is another swap site called Bookins.

I personally use BookMooch as my first choice, Paperbackswap as my second choice, and TitleTrader as third, (though I mainly use TT for CDs and movies).

But I dont mind checking it out and spreading some book karma, especially for a fellow friend from MO!

Paperback Swap is my favorite, but if they do start charging for the site, I won't continue there unless early adopters of their pay services get free or discounted memberships. I like Title Trader, but I don't find too many books on there, so I've been using it mostly to get CDs. BookMooch has too many site issues, plus I hardly ever get trade requests, but I like having maximum exposure of my trade inventory so I can get rid of as many books as possible- so I might join Frugal Reader too.

hmm... I've never heard of title trader or book mooch. I'll check them out! I've been a member or paperback swap for a month or so now and still haven't gotten a request. And one of the books I requested has yet to arrive after 3 weeks, but that could happen anywhere, it's not the site's fault of course. I'm still loving the community at FR. You know it's a good forum when you want to check it once every hour for something new. :)

frugalreader problems

I did belong to frugal reader, but I had so many problems logging in that I cancelled my account. I lost all the points I had accrued I also didn''t like that you have to wait for the other person to mark your book received to get points. It made it slow to get started.
    I belong to bookmooch and paperbackswap and I have had a lot better luck with them.

Remove Ads

Ads