Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Amy Sedaris

Amy Sedaris

Did anyone read "I Like You: Hospitality Under the Influence?" What did you think? I saw her on the Daily Show and I leafed through it at the bookstore, but has anyone read it?

lipstick kisses,
    Libby

2. # ADS

I flipped through it. I bought it as a gift and really wanted to keep it. It seemed pretty funny, but I didn't read it in depth.

I got it for Christmas, and it's hilarious! There are some good recipes mixed in too.

I also got it for Christmas! It was my favorite gift, very funny!! I haven't gotten all the way through it, but I pick it up every time I need a laugh. Lots of fun stuff I want to try out too.

I heard her interviewed on NPR a coupla months ago, and she's a riot, very fresh and funny. The parts of the book she read aloud were wonderful, too. Her brother is David Sedaris, who does a lot with "This American Life" and also has a way with the written word. I am in AWE of both of them, and they both make me laugh rilly rilly hard.

I just picked it up from the library - it's pretty hilarious!

i love it! i hardly ever buy big expensive books but when i went to her book signing i took the plunge and i'm so glad i did. it is hilarious and wrong-wrong-wrong!
    when i was at her signing, volunteers went around and wrote down everyone's name on a post-it so that when it was your turn with Amy you could just hand her a piece of paper that said who you wanted her to sign it to. my husband couldn't go to the signing because he got out of work too late, but i wrote down his name and mine on the paper. so when i handed her the piece of paper she said "who are these people and why should i care?" and when i explained that my husband couldn't make it she, of course, declared that he must be having an affair. this is how she signed it: "Christy and Davis, sorry you guys broke up." so funny!

I flipped through it at the bookstore and now I'm waiting to get it from the library (hardcover books are really not in the budget right now--boo!)

i love it...after i bought it, i craved cheeseballs for weeks...i love the bad pictures of disgusting food! it's the best.

I was cat sitting at a friend's house and a copy was out on the coffee table. (I was shocked that they did not have ANY other books in the house. Not that I was snooping or anything...Besides that it how you find all the good books.)
    This book is awesome and I hope that she continues to write! Nothing is more foreign to me than entertaining and she has so many good ideas that are more geared towards our generation. As opposed to the stuffy books of etiquette that my grandma had...that I wish that I had now. Grrrr.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads