Reading Lolita in Tehran by Azar Nafisi

Has anyone else read this? I am reading it for the second time (it's amazing how much I forgot from the first reading) and am OBSESSED. I keep picking it up when I should be doing other things.

2. # ADS

I started reading it twice but was never able to finish it. Good luck :) I might still have a copy of it on my shelf. Maybe I'll give it another shot.

I read it last year and loved it. It was a peek into another culture & real people's lives while still being agood book. We read it in our book discussion group & had more positive comments than bad, definitely a reread book.

I saw Dr. Nafisi speak recently and it made me re-interested in the book. It was really interesting to read it after seeing her speak. It kind of reinforced the weirdness of reading the book and thinking, "This really happened."

i attempted to read it a couple of times. it was while i was at school, so i'd start it when i was on break, and then have time in the beginning of the semester, but get too busy with schoolwork to remember what i was reading. and to me, it's not exactly the easiest thing to pick up, what with the different student's names, the jumps in time, etc. but i think i will try it again, because i did like what i remembered.

i think if you liked Reading Lolita in Tehran, you might want to check out the Persepolis series- I and II. It's by Marjane Satrapi, and is a graphic novel memoir of her life from her youth living in Iran, to her teenage years in Europe and reflections on home. They are easy to read and she also has 2 other books, Embroideries and Chicken with Plums that I haven't gotten to pick up yet.

One of my favourite books of all time... for some reason I can reread it all/parts all the time and not get sick of it.

Remove Ads

Ads