Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Looks like JK changed her mind. Ron turns out to join George at the joke shop and makes lots of gallions.

Here's a transcript from an online chat she did with fans. It's got so many juicy details I oooohed and aaaaahed throughout. Check it out here:

http://www.the-leaky-cauldron.org/20...hat-transcript

2. # ADS

Oh, it's wonderful! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by mrs_stroozi
    Oh, it's wonderful! Thank you!
    Glad you liked it. It really gave me a sense of closure so I thought I'd share.

i have to say that it really wasn't a tearjerker for me. then again, i'm not much of a crier. the only part i had to put the book down and blot my eyes was toward the end when Harry was finally walking into to the woods to meet Voldemort, and the spirits of his loved ones surrounded him. i wept because he was being so brave...

okay, maybe i'm a big softie after all.

one more teary-eyed confession: i got a teensy weensy bit emotional when Harry went into Luna's bedroom and he saw their portraits hanging on the wall. linked by the word "friends", no less. nice touch, J.K.

Quote Originally Posted by elixirbeth
    one more teary-eyed confession: i got a teensy weensy bit emotional when Harry went into Luna's bedroom and he saw their portraits hanging on the wall. linked by the word "friends", no less. nice touch, J.K.
    me, too. that was so sweet, especially in the midst of so much crappiness in the book until then.

I really thought the epilogue was hokey. I couldn't keep track of all the kids' names and what they were doing.

By the time J.K. got to killing off Fred I think I was just so used to random people dying it didn't effect me much.

I would say it's one of the best books, though, with number 4 following close behind.

Quote Originally Posted by dvizzl
    I really thought the epilogue was hokey. I couldn't keep track of all the kids' names and what they were doing.
    i have to agree. it felt like it was just thrown in for addicts (like myself!). it didn't ruin the book for me, though.

Finally finished it Friday. Sure there were things I found irritating or confusing (definitely could have cut out some of the wandering around int he middle & fleshed out the epilogue) - but overall I thought it was fantastic!

Some random thoughts:

Hermione kicked a$$ in book 7! I thought she was as much a hero in this book as Harry, and in many ways twice the friend to him Ron was.

Even though I know it's not "supposed" to be kids books you know lots of youngins will read book 6 & 7 and i think she kills off more people than she needed to. Also you start to get numb to the deaths - like others have said by the time Lupin and Tonks died it didn't affect me like I would have expected.

Question: toward the end in the woods, after Harry comes back why didn't the Cruciatus curse Voldemort does on Harry work? Doesn't really get explained.

The only death scene of all the books that made me cry was Sirius. Oh boy did I bawl. None of the others were tearjerkers for me, I don't know if maybe she went easy on the audience b/c of child audience.

To me the most touching image of book 7 is when Harry & Hermione are at Harry's parents' grave and she senses that he starts feels badly that he has nothing to place on their graves, and she conjures a circle of Christmas roses in the air for him to place on their grave. What a beautiful image that was.

Quote Originally Posted by CraftinFool
    Even though I know it's not "supposed" to be kids books you know lots of youngins will read book 6 & 7 and i think she kills off more people than she needed to. Also you start to get numb to the deaths - like others have said by the time Lupin and Tonks died it didn't affect me like I would have expected.

Question: toward the end in the woods, after Harry comes back why didn't the Cruciatus curse Voldemort does on Harry work? Doesn't really get explained.
    It's funny, Remus and Tonks affected me the most because it was after Harry found out he had to die and you think Teddy is going to grow up like Harry did - without parents or a godfather.

To the question: in the final duel, didn't Harry tell Voldemort that the wand wasn't working for him? I believe that after he killed Harry's horcrux his wand no longer worked.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads