Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Ah....Brdgt that must be it, thanks. I should read the final duel scene again, I probably missed a few important bits in my haste to see what happens.

2. # ADS

Fy
    I'm very glad to have found this thread, hi, fellow fans! Twilight, many thanks to you for that link. It was the epilogue I was missing. This book was awesome. So awesome that I was having dreams about the characters for days after I finished reading it. I was very relieved to find that Snape was one of the good guys afterall, and very sorry that he had such a difficult life. I wept for Dumbledore when he died but felt better when I read the true circumstances of his death. Felt even better that we got to 'see' him one last time in a happy place. I could go on about the different aspects of the book but you've read it so you know. But one more thing, it was really nice that Harry got to see his parents, feel them and talk to them, even though the circumstances around the meeting weren't so nice. It's been about a week since I finished the book but it's still very much on my mind. Can't believe it's over, I feel so lost now! :-) Anyway, it's a wonderful series, very well done.

Fy.

"It was the epilogue I was missing."

That's what I thought too. I wish she would have put all that in the end of the book. Glad you enjoyed the link! It made me feel so much better reading it so I had to share. :)

Just read this today and thought I'd share.

J.K. Rowling outs Hogwarts character

Harry Potter fans, the rumors are true: Albus Dumbledore, master wizard and Headmaster of Hogwarts, is gay. J.K. Rowling, author of the mega-selling fantasy series that ended last summer, outed the beloved character Friday night while appearing before a full house at Carnegie Hall.

(snip)

"Dumbledore is gay," the author responded to gasps and applause.

She then explained that Dumbledore was smitten with rival Gellert Grindelwald, whom he defeated long ago in a battle between good and bad wizards. "Falling in love can blind us to an extent," Rowling said of Dumbledore's feelings, adding that Dumbledore was "horribly, terribly let down."

Dumbledore's love, she observed, was his "great tragedy."

JK Rowling drops hints of possible eighth Harry Potter book

Harry Potter author J.K. Rowling has strongly hinted for the first time that she could write an eighth book in the series.

Rowling, 42, admits she has 'weak moments' when she feels she will pen another novel about the boy wizard.

One of her biggest fans – her 14-year-old daughter Jessica – has already put pressure on her to revisit the character.

Wouldn't an 8th book rock!

8th book

i can''t imagine what the movie would be like. how long can they keep using these characters, they are getting way too old for some of this

Boy am I late for this party but I sure would have loved to have found this thread when that 7th book came out.
    I was very upset that Rowlings killed off so many of the main supporting characters and still call the book a children's book.
    Then I thought she would magically find a way to bring back the characters. Harry's mom and dad too - but when that didn't happen, I was pissed !!!!

On the Warren Brothers forum for Harry Potter I couldn't find one other person that hated all the deaths in the book.
    Most just said it's Rowlings book she can do what she wants but I wholeheartedly disagree with that.
    I won't get involved in any more of Rowlings writings since I can't trust her now.
    So it was great to see that some of you were upset with Hedwig, Dobby, Dumbledore, Fred and others were killed.
    Thanks goodness there are other people besides me who thinks all these deaths are wrong in a children's book.
    It really has hurt me re-watching the movies and re-reading the books. I can't watch the twins without tearing up.
    I think Rowlings has done a bad thing to us readers.

Yeah, I was curious about that. I remember there was a bit of a hubbub about her originally saying that and that it wasn't going to be Aunt Petunia either to keep people guessing. Maybe that part got scrapped in the edits?

Thanks! xoxo

Banned
    You may see the film in the cinema now! Wish you have a pleasant time.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads