Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Harry Potter 7-The SPOILER Thread

Ok, I'm starting this thread for people who have read the book. It will definately contain spoilers.

2. # ADS

Wow, what a book eh? There were times I could literally not put it down and had to keep turning the pages. This one had so much action.

I had guessed Snape was in love with Lily and my husband guessed Harry would go to the underworld/death and come back. So that was cool that we were right.

I was shocked by how quickly Hedwig died. Why couldn't he have sent her free to fly to the Burrow weeks before? Hell Ron could have taken her home when they got off the train.

And Dobby dying? That was a tear jerker for me. At least he died protecting Harry but still it was upsetting.

But the death that really got me was Fred. How could she have killed one twin and let the other live? Either they should have both lived or both died. But I never thought they twins were in danger because I thought they were a lesson that it's important to have laughter and fun in dark, dangerous times.

i was SOBBING when dobby died. i think i was just kind of in shock when all the others died and didn't process them. and she treated lupin's and tonks's deaths like afterthoughts! jeez, she killed off a lot of people.

i knew snape was good!

there were many parts where i was so frustrated with jk rowling. i wished she'd just get to the point (does harry die or not). although, i knew he wouldn't die. it's a childrens' book! she wouldn't kill the most beloved character.

i loved that harry was with dumbledore in the underworld.

i think she tied off all loose ends nicely.

Ok, so I cried over Hedwig's untimely death. I was just so shocked and at first thought Hagrid had bit the big one too. It happened so quickly in the beginning I was dreading reading the rest to see who else she killed off.
    As for the other deaths, I felt sorry for Dobby, but when he first appeared I found him annoying so while I'd had a change of heart and was sad that he had to go, I felt at least he had a wonderfully heroic death. I was heartbroken when Fred died. I mean, really! If you're going to kill a Weasley off why not Percy?! And I agree that Lupin and Tonks' deaths felt like harsh sudden after thoughts.

Overall though I was pleased. I missed the school atmosphere but enjoyed a lot of the action scenes and liked how everything was tied up at the end. Well, all most everything -- she commented on the futures of many of the characters, but she forgot Luna! Malfoy gets a mention but nothing for Luna?!

Yeah, I missed finding out about Luna, too. That made me mad! She was my favorite supporting character. (I just finished the novel this afternoon, in tears many times.)

I wonder - did Harry Ron and Hermione get to go back to school and finish their 7th year, or did they get awarded their 7th year credits for killing off all the bad guys or were they just booted out of the system for going AWOL?

I thought that Hagarth and Neville were going to be the deaths. Boy, was I ever wrong.

I finished the book 25 hours after its release and worked a full shift somewhere in there. I think that my fiance is upset with me because I ignored him...Oh well.
    I was right about all of my guesses (I've had my 'Trust Snape' sticker for months now) but I am sad that the series is over. Now what do I have to live for?
    The only true disappointment was the epilogue. Is Teddy Lupin a werewolf? what about Fleur and Bill's offspring? What happened to Luna? What do Harry and the gang do for work? Its great that all is well but what happens?
    Am I the only one that is frustrated with this?

I was disappointed with the epilogue too. But this excerpt from a JK talk gives some nice insights and fleshes out the epilogue more.

http://www.beyondhogwarts.com/harry-...-epilogue.html

athena, Tonks and Lupin seemed like afterthoughts because they kind of were.

http://www.writerswrite.com/wblog.php?wblog=724071

In this article, she mentions that she gave Arthur Weasley a reprieve, but ended up killing off another father (Lupin).
    I was sad to read about it, however, I remember crying in the 5th book because I thought she was killing off Arthur, and I have a soft spot for him.

And for some reason, from OotP on, I thought Kingsley Shacklebolt was the bee's knees, just because. I was pumped to see that he was made temporary Minister of Magic and that he played a larger part in the books.

I didn't like what she did with Kreacher--- I thought she could have made him less Dobby-ish and more grudgingly nice, kind of like a cranky old man with a soft spot.

And I thought I'd read that she said someone does magic later in life, but I couldn't find that anywhere. Hm.

Also, I thought the epilogue sucked. It really seemed like she had a 15-year-old rabid fangirl write it. It didn't seem as well written as the rest of the book.

I could go on for miles about this book....

Thank you SO much, Ms. Twilight, for including the link to the article on J.K. Rowling's talk. It really explained a few things for me. Frankly, I am a bit shocked that Ron made Auror after all...

And I am glad for the news of an eventual encyclopedia.

And I thought I'd read that she said someone does magic later in life, but I couldn't find that anywhere. Hm.
    Yeah, I was curious about that. I remember there was a bit of a hubbub about her originally saying that and that it wasn't going to be Aunt Petunia either to keep people guessing. Maybe that part got scrapped in the edits?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads