Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: What do you do with your old books?

I LOVE PaperBackSwap.com! Although for awhile I was getting pretty bad about accumulating books that way and now have tons of books I haven't had time to read yet. I've had to stop looking at that site until I can read some of the books I got from there!

2. # ADS

If I am short on time, I will take them to sell at my local Half Price Books. I usually do not get more than say $10 at a time, though, even if I bring in more than one box of books. Another really great alternative I've found though if you have the patience for the post office is paperbackswap.com! It's a great site, you post books that you no longer want, and another member requests it. You pay media mail shipping to have it sent to them, and then you earn a book credit you can use to request any other book on the site! New books for the cost of media mail shipping is really worth it I think. You even get a couple of free credits to get started with when you join.

A lot of times I donate to the local library. They will always take books and if they dont want or need them then they will donate to other places. Or there is a used book store that will buy them off of you and either give you cash (not that much) or offer you store credit. I like the store credit because they get new books from stores that have overflow so I can get a new unbent book and break it in myself!

I'm big into sharing books, but I've also discovered that with harcover books if you use a razor to slice where the binding attaches to the book then you have a book to read (the pages stay together) and a book cover to make a purse out of!

I also donate the books to various causes, libraries, ect or sell them to local used books stores (generally where I got them in the first place)

I give them to friends, but I keep the ones I know I will reread over and over again.

I put my old books on the booksale and earn from them just so that nothing would be put to waste. But now, I have an ebook reader which allows me just to buy books online and load it here. And while that ensures less trash in terms of wasted paper, the authors and publishers lose out from the market players that actually get a huge percentage of their sales.

The escalating popularity of designer wedding dresses is for all the correct reasons. The paramount of style, the wealth of variety and perfection of fittings can hardly be countered. The masterly insight that is spent behind the creation of each and Ball Gown Wedding Dresses are commendable. They do not only capture beauty but emancipate uniqueness. The professional involvement helps to chose dress that enhances the personality of the bride.
    Know the trends in order to select the best one. Consult with a professional to know the right type of gown. Some classical trends seem to inspire every generations. Such timeless collections can never contradict. But the sway of modernity has led to the some wonderful creations as well. The use imaginative craftsmanship and explicit materials Mermaid Wedding Dresses. From the subtle to the loud, they are made to dazzle the occasion.

I have a walk in closet full of books that are stored in storage totes, boxes, etc. Plus I also have an over flowing bookcase, with piles on every available surface in my bedroom. When my neice finally moves out i'm making her room into a library with wall to wall bookcases or shelves. I have strict rules when I loan books out, and one of them is that if my book is damaged in any way that person owes me a new book. I want them back in the condition *excellent* that I loaned them out in. Yep, i'm a total book nerd. I have a Nook which has tons of books on there, but there is just something about buying a book by one of my favorite authors that I can't resist. I also go to the library at least three times a week and get books for the great nephews, my dad and myself from there. I told myself when I bought my Nook i'd stop buying actual books but while I have slowed down quite a bit, I still do it.

Donate!

some times i donate to library. others i can sell on amazon or ebay. sometimes i even donate to local schools. they will accept most books subject pending.
    Shay Bug

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads