Thread: Book resources

Book resources

Am I the only one frustrated by the lack of book search materials out there? Netflix.com has features that allow the user to rate the movies that they have seen and then will suggest other movies based on the ratings that are given.
    Why isn't there some such feature for books? The closest thing that I have come across was on Amazon.com. The site allows you to see what other people have purchased along with the book that you are looking at. Most of the time though there are some wacky combinations. Last time I purchased from them I bought the Harry Potter book along with a book on bicycle wheel repair. Not exactly helpful.
    The only other reliable source of opinion has been this forum. If a book is recommended and there is an 'amen' then I will generally check it out. Very helpful, thank you all!
    But I still feel there is something lacking. Maybe I am missing something. Any other ideas?

2. # ADS

try goodreads

I discovered goodreads.com which is a book-centered community. You can get your friends to sign up with you and see what they''re reading or have read. it''s pretty cool, and since people often comment/review the books they have read, it can help decide what would be worth checking out.

I have just checked out goodreads.com....but they dont have all the books listed...it's very mainstream top 100 most popular books and the likes...however it was definitely worth sharing since i haven't been able to find any better sites! so thx!

if you like chuck palanuick (probably got the spelly wrong but he is the author of fight club), then log on to the cult...pm me if u want the address! :D

I use goodreads.com for my to read list and to practice writing reviews for the books I've read.

Have you tried your public library? The library I work at has a webpage dedicated to readers, a blog about books and authors, access to book databases, as well as a service called Need a Good Read where a librarian creates a book list based of your individual reading tastes.

Why don''t you check out for some online stores like eBay and silkfair.com.

Yes i also use the goodreads.com and it is very helpful for getting new book and information

Book resources is very important one because students searching for more than one writing services are available this is most important one for students education there are many things will be provided for this resource.

Remove Ads

Ads