Thread: Chuck Palahniuk

Chuck Palahniuk

I am completely obsessed with his books. My favorite is Survivor. Any other opinions?

2. # ADS

I've read a few, I liked Lullaby, Invisible Monsters, Rant: An Oral Biography of Buster Casey, and Fight Club. Didn't really like Haunted so much. I get the idea, but it was rather redundant.

While I admit that he is a very talented author, I really do not like the subject matter of his books. I have read several, thinking each time that they would not be so gruesome, and each time I am proven wrong. As always, Fight Club was better read than watched in a movie.

I only really liked "Choke" and "Diary", because they weren't as icky as his other books. Choke was almost like a weirdly sweet love story, and Diary had a really neat twist at the end. I couldn't even get halfway through "Haunted", though, and I don't really remember much of "Lullaby" or "Invisible Monsters". It just seems like he's driving home the whole notion of being weird for weird's sake, and when it's done really intentionally like that, it bugs me.

Chuck P.

My husband and I are also semi-obsessed. My husband of course always liked the movie Fight Club, but I introduced him to Choke when we first got married and that was the end of that. Survior is amazing, Diary, Fight Club... so far each and every one of his books I have loved. There''s also a short story somewhere that he read at a book release/signing, but I can''t remember what it was called at the moment.

Kudos, Chuck!
    Lyndsay - Art on the Run

If you like Palahniuk you might want to check out Will Christopher Baer. I just finished 'Kiss Me Judas' and found their writing styles to be pretty similar.
    Eerily so.

Remove Ads

Ads