Books read in May 2008

Word Freak: Heartbreak, Triumph, Genius, and Obsession in the World of Competitive Scrabble Players by Stefan Fatsis - I've gotten addicted to Scrabulous on Facebook, so this was a fun read.

Kafka on the Shore by Haruki Murakami - This was my last chance to like Murakami and I've decided that I don't. There's magical realism and then there is just plain nonsense.

Daughters of the North by Sarah Hall - My SF/F book club read this because it won the Tiptree award this year. It was sorta disappointing - very derivative of books like The Handmaid's Tale.

The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie - Very good YA book.

Ex Machina (Volume 6: Power Down) by by Brian K. Vaughan (Author), Tony Harris (Author), Jim Clark (Illustrator), J.D. Mettler (Illustrator) - Not my favorite series by Vaughan, but the last trade of Y: The Last Man isn't out yet, so this will have to do![/url]

2. # ADS

The Sharing Knife: Passage by Lois McMaster Bujold: Amazing! I love this series and Bujold is one of my two favorite authors ever.

Searching for Dragons by Patricia C. Wrede: I liked this much better than the first book in the series. It's a cute YA series.

Quote Originally Posted by quaisior
    The Sharing Knife: Passage by Lois McMaster Bujold: Amazing! I love this series and Bujold is one of my two favorite authors ever.
    One of my friends is a huge Bujold fan; I really need to move her up my to-read list.

Remove Ads

Ads