Thread: HP Lovecraft

HP Lovecraft

Yeah.. i bet you weren''t expecting that subject line eh?

Yes... I like horror, sci-fi, and fantasy novels and movies. But I stress that for fantasy, I mean Tolken or The Dark Elf. If you read fantasy, you know what I mean.

Anywhoo... I decided that I REALLY needed to read some classic novels. I''m not much into Frankenstein or Dracula... so I went with demons. Eh... we all need a little undead in our lives.

Okay... I''m waving my freak flag here! Did you see my pic... and I''m black too! LOL No stereotypes here!

Anywhoo... I degress

I pick up HP Lovecraft... and its REALLY good! I was actually suprised that I''m truly loving these stories... even if one or two are freaky. Others don''t even raise the hairs on my arms.

Anyway... this probably should be a blog! LOL Writting to much! Thanks for reading this far.

Anyone else have "different" books on their shelves that you''d think people would be suprised about?

2. # ADS

try harlan ellison's deathbird stories. one of my favorites if you like sci fi.

i have a few 'sociology' books - the disappearance of childhood by neil postman as well as several by marshall mcluhan. currently reading the omivore's dilemma by michael pollan, which is very very interesting.

I tried to watch an HP Lovecraft movie once, but it was awful. I never got through it. I probably should have picked up a book instead. I also enjoy sci fi/fantasy books. I read a lot of Kim Harrison, Laurell K. Hamilton, Charlaine Harris and others. Mostly paranormal books with butt kicking witches and vampires and werewolves. I do enjoy Philipa Gregory though as well. She writes historical fiction. I love her whole series surrounding the wives of King Henry VIII.

Two of my best friends are obsessed with H.P Lovecraft. I still haven't actually read any of his books, but I know a fair amount about his work because of them. They actually have a company designing tshirts and things, and because of their HP Lovecraft themed items they recently purchased another company and combined it with their first company, since the 2nd is totally dedicated to Lovecraft.

This is their original site: Sigh Co. Graphics - gothic T-shirts, sexy babydolls, legwear, pagan and occult wear, industrial clothing, literary designs, H.P. Lovecraft, E. A. Poe, Ancient Egypt (also has other gothy, geeky, freaky themed tees and other designs)

Arkham Bazaar, The Bazaar of the Bizarre ... Lovecraft, Cthulhu, Poe, Movies, DVDs, Gifts is the Lovecraft specific site.

I've helped them out at some sci-fi / horror conventions they go to - people who love Lovecraft REALLY love Lovecraft! It's definitely a cult classic!

Has anyone ever read Anne Rice's novels? Her vampire chronicles?

Remove Ads

Ads