Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Kindle vs. Nook?

Hello all,

I have been getting emails from both Amazon and B&N (since I shop at both for my books), and both keep advertising their electronic readers. I'm looking to purchase one, but am not sure which one is the better choice?

If anyone has either one, can you share the positive and negatives of either the kindle or the nook?

Thanks for the help!!!

2. # ADS

Administrator
    The new Nook is supposed to be pretty cool. I checked it out the other day at Barns & Noble and had a lot of really nice features.

I have a Kindle and I really like how long the battery life lasts! I love that it doesn't strain my eyes and it doesn't feel like a computer or a phone because of the way the lighting on it is.
    You can ask anyone; the Kindle is closer to a book than the Nook is and for me, that's what matters, plus, it has a wider selection and for a book worm like me that's a big deal!

Super Moderator
    Really?! The kindle has a long battery life? Do you have the latest generation of the kindle? I know they have a special going on right now for $114. From the pictures it looks lightweight and doesn't look like it would take up a lot of room in my purse. How often do you have to charge your kindle? I'm an avid reader, so I do read a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by mls View Post
    Hello all,

I have been getting emails from both Amazon and B&N (since I shop at both for my books), and both keep advertising their electronic readers. I'm looking to purchase one, but am not sure which one is the better choice?

If anyone has either one, can you share the positive and negatives of either the kindle or the nook?

Thanks for the help!!!
    I would recommend you buying kindle.Itís sure a worth buying, I personally travel a lot, Wireless is a unique feature I will say and thatís make really value for money. 3G wireless and global coverage, You can have any newspaper at any place. Paper like display, I love this little magic book.

I don't know much about the Nook, admittedly, but I LOVE my Kindle. I was skeptical, because I love the feel, weight, smell and texture of real books, but my boyfriend bought me one for my birthday and I was hooked! I like that there's no backlight, it's so lightweight, AND you can get all sorts of books in the public domain for free! That is pure gold for a book nerd like me.

Thanks for asking this question! I dont have either and have been wondering the same thing. I am drawn more to the kindle, and now I think that is the way to go! Thanks again!

You have a third choice. Sony Reader.

I have two of them. I bought mine about 6 years ago and at that time Sony Reader was the only reader that could properly handle pdf files.
    Pdf files are images and text files that are formatted for Adobe Reader software for computers. Businesses re-lie on these pdf files.
    But in current times the Kindle and Nook can properly handle the pdf files.

It's no big deal to plug the charger in your reader when the battery gets low and still use the reader. So for me, my battery lasts long enough for anything I want to do with it
    and it's no big deal to plug it in and let it rest on a table when I am not using it. The charger is mainly a long wire with a box and it's light weight, so it's no big deal
    to pack it with the reader in your luggage or purse.

My Sony Reader stay charged over 12 hours or so.
    Last edited by Tabbycat; 08-13-2011 at 04:11 PM. Reason: more to say

your best bet is actually to go into a book store, and physically compare, make a list before you go, of what you want first then work on the extra's.
    Shay Bug

Yeah you can read three or four books without having to recharge.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads