Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I always try not to watch the movie before reading the book. The book is almost always much better than the movie. I think it is the case with this too. My daughter went to see the movie before she had the chance to read the book and her view on it was not so high. I have always told her to "never judge a book by its cover"... AND... "never judge a book by its movie". HAHA She read the book after watching the movie. SHE LOVED IT! The movie made a lot more sense after reading the book. It is hard to squish so much info in a little 2 hour movie. I like to let my own imagination create the charactors in my head without influence from outside sources.

I read all the Hunger Games books and it was very good. I do have to say that it is kind of dark but if you like a good read, this is surely that. It keeps you reading for sure. I suppose I can watch the movie now.

2. # ADS

The Hunger Games

The Hunger Games-11163821_det.jpg
    Every year in the ruins of what was once North America, the evil Capitol of the nation of Panem forces each of its twelve districts to send a teenage boy and girl to compete in the Hunger Games.
    Last edited by RichardFudnavis; 09-30-2012 at 11:07 PM.

Sounds like a Japanese movie I was watching recently called "Battle Royal" or something where a bunch of kids fight to the death. It was a morbid movie ...

Ive read all 3 of them!

Honestly speaking. No i don't read it. But a friend of mine told me about that and yes, You can watch movie "The Hunger game". This movie is really nice and
    i think make from this novel.

I was given the trilogy as a gift and though I went into the books pretty skeptical, I actually really liked them. Yes, they're an easy read for adults (as they technically are YA books) but the story is compelling, if violent, and I was thoroughly entertained.

Saw the first movie after reading the books and thought it was a totally decent interpretation. And that Jennifer Lawrence...she nailed it.

At first it does sound like the Japanese movie Battle Royal, but it does has a very different style. I love this book series, but it definitely gets your brain thinking. It may even make you cry. I won't say anything because of spoilers, but I do recommend it. Whatever you do, just don't stop halfway through. It really takes until the very end to really kick you in the noggin and I don't think many books do that now a days. :-)

Also a small comparison to Battle royal

BR - Kids vs Adult Gov't
    HG - Communities vs Gov't in Main City
    Both the kids are the fighters

BR - No one knows who going until they arrive in the area
    HG - they get picked by lottery before hand

BR - Kids against their own friends
    HG - Kids against kids form different places

OK, so I think I didn't spoiled anything. So these seem like small differences but they way the story goes it makes the plot stylishly and even thought provokingly different.
    Last edited by hgreco; 08-08-2013 at 05:40 AM.

These are great books, i cannot wait for the second movie this year. While it is true that usually the books are much better, you have to realize that the a movie is only about 2 hours long. The movie of the hunger games was well executed, you just have to understand and forgive the fact that it could not stay completely true to the book.

Haven't read the books, but i can't wait for the second movie to come out!!!!

LOVED the series! Was bawling my eyes out during the third one. Well worth the read!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads