Stieg Larsson's Millennium Trilogy

I watched The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, The Girl Who Played with Fire, and The Girl Who Kicked the Hornet's Nest and loved them! Has anyone read the books? Are they as good as the movies? The protagonist isn't a crafter, but she's very creative and clever!

2. # ADS

You can check out the movie at the IMDb website at The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (2011) - IMDb. Their brief summary says "Journalist Mikael Blomkvist is aided in his search for a woman who has been missing for forty years by Lisbeth Salander, a young computer hacker. "

I watched all the original movie series as well, but never caught the books. Check out Amazon, sometimes they offer page previews and generally you are able to tell whether the book is going to be good just by reading a few pages. I did see the deluxe hard cover trilogy at Walmart with a coupon for 39.99. If a movie is really good though, the book is usually better because they can offer more to the imagination than the movie, which is more or less you get what you see.
    Last edited by ladybugmamma; 04-28-2012 at 11:57 AM.

I read the books before I watched the movies and they are much better. You get to know the characters in more depth. Read them but take soemdays of because when you start you can't stop.

Read the books before seeing the films. The books are at the top of my list of best stuff I ever read. The films were pretty good but the books (as usual) are so much better. Highly recommend them.

I watched all the original movie series as well, but never caught the books. Check out Amazon, sometimes they offer page previews and generally you are able to tell whether the book is going to be good just by reading a few pages. If a movie is really good though, the book is usually better because they can offer more to the imagination than the movie, which is more or less you get what you see.

Remove Ads

Ads