Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

using and improving these forums

Hi all. This is, I promise, the final installation of the forums. No more lost posts or anything like that.

If you want, you can cut & paste from the ex-forums to this new one, and continue the discussion here.

Please post here any sugegstions for making these forums work, and anything you'd like here that you don't see. The more creative and unexpected the suggestion, the better!

-Rob

2. # ADS

When this is eventually linked from the main site, we won't have trouble going back to the main site, right?

Because right now, there's no link to the site. And if you wanted to visit the site outside of the frames, there's no link.

Is that making sense?

go rob.

I think I understand part of your question. I just added a link to the HipHomeEc.com homepage in the upperleft of the forums.

about frames: um, there aren't any, maybe you can describe the issue a bit more?

-rob

i love the look of the forums - very clean and distinctive.

there's one thing that's really bothering me, though, and i'm reluctant to even mention it. does the line length within posts need to be so long? i suppose i'm used to tighter text wrap, so i'm finding it pretty hard to read posts (particularly short, 1.5-2.5 line ones).

not the end of the world, and i can always resize my browser window to suit if it's just me, but...

I agree with amphoteric, one of my favorite things about the old forums was the narrow column of text down the middle... it made it *SO* much easier to read than most other forums.

Everything looks great though!

I can't figure something out. There's these little envelope icons to the left of the posts and sometimes they "wiggle". The one next to the roll call post was just wiggling. Do they just do that on the posts I've responded to?

If you scroll down to the bottom of each forum, you'll see a key:

No new posts
    Announcement
    No new posts [ Popular ]
    No new posts [ Locked ]

So the wiggle means hot topic.

Tiny type when you try to post

Looks like this was fixed today, but I'm also at a different computer now, so I thought I'd mention it. Last night I replied to the "roll call" post, and on the screen where I was to type my reply, the text got VERY VERY small. so small that I could not actually see letters, only tiny little dots. I mentioned in my post that I could not see what I was typing, then I saw a similar post from wuzzled. Like I said, I'm not having that problem now, so it seems to have been fixed.

Also, just before I started typing this post, I did a search for the word "tiny" to find wuzzled's post (I couldn't remember her username), and when I read the thread I was searching for, the word "tiny" seemed to be in white on a white background, I guess to highlight the word I searched for? I could only see it because I noticed the big space between words and highlighted it by selecting the text with my mouse. Does that make sense?

-S

These boards are "liquid" meaning that they resize when your browser resizes. We could make them non-liquid, like the old boards, if you like.

About the white-on-white text: I'll see if I can figure that out.

The super-small text issue should be fixed, but please post here if it happens again.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads