blogs that just link to other blogs

hey getcrafty community,

I wanted to ask what you (and the moderators) thought of blogs that only link to other blogs. New user artesa did this most recently, and mcaulth did one last week that was removed.

Does this fall under the community guideline, "Please do not use your blog as an advertising tool. Even if your company is super-bitchen crafty-tastic, the blogs are meant to build community, not businesses ... "

I mean, if you are advertising a blog elswhere, and that blog is also craft related, but is not a business per se, is that also against the rules? If so maybe this should be added / clarified in the guidelines?

(just a thought - I never go elsewhere to read blogs, and I find they take up space and are annoying. But, also other people have diverse crafty lives, so I don't know what's fair - that's why I'm asking!)

del

2. # ADS

I agree this seems like a grey area, and it kind of annoys me too. I'm guessing that lots of us might have other non-crafty blogs, or additionally crafty blogs, which is great! And of course we want to share those things with each other-- but honestly, I look at someone's profile under "website" to see if they have another website if I am interested.

I also think it is fine if someone who is obviously a member of the community is excited about their crafty web design skills and has created a blog they want to share too.

But just to use the getcrafty blog as a way to send traffic to your personal blog? Not so nice.

I recently posted my crafty punkin' pie blog on my getcrafty blog...so my apologies if that upset someone. The main reason I did it is to see if there were other crafty chic's with crafty blogs that wanted to swap links.
    Sorry if I was out of line.

yeah, it annoys me too. i guess it's really about how controlling to be about it. i want people to use their blogs and i love that their are so many small businesses atal, but i wish the blogs were less about selling stuff. that said, i don't want to have to police that intensely.

totally in agreement. i love to see the "here's what i'm working on/what i just finished" posts in the blogs - they're very inspiring. that being said, isn't the girls gone crafty board for posting about websites and the crafty stuff one is selling?

in terms of a blog just linking to another blog - i'm not apt to click and just think it's sort of lazy. now if it's some really nifty entry with a link, i might. but i'm not so big on the whole blog scene. pretty much the only ones i check out on a regular basis are here.

Remove Ads

Ads