Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Girls Gone Crafty and "ADs"

I am really curious to get input from members on the "girls gone crafty" forum. It's just so overrun with ADs I feel like no one even looks at it anymore. I am ALL for our members promoting their crafty businesses - I buy DIY - but somewhere along the way it seemed to cross the line in that forum.

Am I being too sensitive? What do you all think?

2. # ADS

As a new member, I can say I basically don't read it. I like the idea of being able to buy from someone I know, so to speak, but I do know how to get to etsy and I do have craft fairs I can get to if I don't know someone.

I guess that's a slightly rambly way to say that I agree.

i don't read it. if it was actual members of the community (who posted in the other forums, etc) i would probably look at it now and then, but as it is now, it just seems like ad space.

Thanks for the feedback ladies!

As a new member, I was looking through it, and I somewhat agree. Although I think it's nice to have a place to advertise your stuff, I noticed that seeing AD: infront of most of the posts kind of put me off.

Would members think it would be going to far to not allow any ad's?

I'm curious because maybe some people do like to apply to those tv shows that advertise or appreciate knowing about an etsy store's sale.

I don't look at that forum either. But I think ads are fine as long as they're in a separate forum and are labelled as such...

I know ads can be annoying. But it's so hard to find a place to promote your crafts and it's nice to actually find a good legit forum that allows it. I jut recently posted one and I have to say that there are people who actually read it because my store had gotten hits from that posting.

But you wouldn't want this forum to be overrun with ads so I also suggest to make a separate space just for that purpose.

I post in the girls gone crafty as that is where it says to show your work and share. I post free patterns to my recycled bags. Iím not trying to sell when I post but I have noticed that I hardly get a response to my postings lately. I donít know if people donít like my stuff or what is going on. I do see the many of the board categories are slow and without new posts. Iím fairly new to boards and enjoy sharing with other crafters. But it seems of late that things are very limited to any new posts or input from other boardies.

Thoughts from our moderator would be welcomeÖ

Quote Originally Posted by Cindy
    I post in the girls gone crafty as that is where it says to show your work and share. I post free patterns to my recycled bags. Iím not trying to sell when I post but I have noticed that I hardly get a response to my postings lately. I donít know if people donít like my stuff or what is going on. I do see the many of the board categories are slow and without new posts. Iím fairly new to boards and enjoy sharing with other crafters. But it seems of late that things are very limited to any new posts or input from other boardies.

Thoughts from our moderator would be welcomeÖ
    This is what I fear. See, I think of Girls Gone Crafty is exactly for what you are describing, not AD's. But since it is dominated by AD's, no one bothers to read it and posts like yours that people would probably like to see are missed.

I know ads can be annoying. But it's so hard to find a place to promote your crafts and it's nice to actually find a good legit forum that allows it. I jut recently posted one and I have to say that there are people who actually read it because my store had gotten hits from that posting.

But you wouldn't want this forum to be overrun with ads so I also suggest to make a separate space just for that purpose.
    I understand how hard it is for people to advertise their sites and work, but I imagine Girls Gone Crafty as the kind of board where you ask other crafters for advice on how to advertise, not actually advertising there.

Personally I would be against a forum just for advertising. That just doesn't seem to be what Getcrafty is to me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads