Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: The future of Getcrafty?

any update on the situation? I decided to start coming back here again today. I would love to continue posting here because I miss crafting and the community here... :)

2. # ADS

community

i heard about this community on a very old podcast and decided to join up... just love the crafting community in general because people are usually so nice, inviting and readily willing to share... i hope getcrafty continues on and things get busy?!

I''m new

I''m new and I''m not sure where I should post this link, but I''m not having any success promoting my craft business online
    http://www.lancmarketplace.com/marke.../stitch-craft/

That ^ is a little ironic.

i joined getcrafty when i was 21 and in a really rough time in my life, i had moved back to my parents house after a bad breakup and life crisis. I moved somewhere where i didn't know anyone and get crafty really helped me connect with other people and feel a bit more sane.

I admit i am a bad member, i don't think i've posted anything in the past two years, maybe more but i'm willing to start again! i love this site and all the people are so sweet and awesome and super inspiring.

I hope the technical stuff can get worked out so we can bring this site back!

I think a lot of people have moved on to the likes of facebook and twitter. Plus, It's really easy to have your own blog now a days. It's kind of sad really but it feels like forums are kind of drying up!

Cheers
    nancy
    -------------
    wall decals

continual problems with getcrafty since new management take-

I have had consistent problems with Getcrafty on and off since the site take-over. So much so that I have just stopped coming here. Often when I come to check out the site I have been banned and blocked from the site - it's REALLY annoying - I receive no warnings, no explanation of why access to the site has been denied me and what is the MOST frustrating of all is that there will usually be some kind of message saying "you've been blocked - talk to admin about this" - not word for word but along those lines - well I can't talk to admin cos I can't access the site you NONGS!!

It's really frustrating and annoying so I just don't bother coming here anymore - I'm sure this has happened to others and driven them away too.

Occasionally (as in this instance) I swing by getcrafty to see if I'm still blocked on this particular day - just to humour myself - no hope though, not holding my breath. And it keeps happening so why would I?

Administrator
    Hello All...

We are going to get this site back up and going...I want to make this as wonderful as it once was and possibly even better...I will need the help tho of current members and we are also looking for new members who wish to be active and can participate to make the community fun and strong.

I hope to get to know alot of you and let's work together to get this community back to where it was!

I hope the new owners will revamp the site, getting rid of the rubbish & be able to get a handle on a worthwhile and friendly forums site. This looks as if it has been quite good in the past, but something caused it to fall away.
    artgeek and Cindy like this.

Wow just checked in after getting the "come back" email from the new GetCrafty Admins. The new site looks fantastic and appears to really be updated and upgraded. Can't wait to poke around and see all the new stuff. I know that I haven't been here in ages as the site just kinda had died and spammers had been a problem last time I was really active here. Great to see the site revived and hope to see it vibrant again.
    admin likes this.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Cindy View Post
    Wow just checked in after getting the "come back" email from the new GetCrafty Admins. The new site looks fantastic and appears to really be updated and upgraded. Can't wait to poke around and see all the new stuff. I know that I haven't been here in ages as the site just kinda had died and spammers had been a problem last time I was really active here. Great to see the site revived and hope to see it vibrant again.
    Cindy,

First let me say welcome back. Thanks for all the kind words and yes, I agree, spam was a problem. In fact, even since the site upgrade we've been hit but we do have tools in place to prevent it so it has been much reduced, and cleanup now is a breeze with some of the tools we have in place.

No one can post links to their homepage or in their signature, or in posts until they've made 10 posts. That makes it easy to identify a spammer quickly because the quality of their posts is pretty low and it presents a barrier that many won't even bother going through in the first place.

Our main goal is to get some legitimate users back on the site and get this place more lively. Users like you will certainly help us do that! So thanks for coming back!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads