Thread: 30 minute meals

30 minute meals

ok. i'm a bit embarassed to say it, but I love this cooking show. my husband and son love the dinnerws i make from her recipes and i find her cheesiness sort of relaxing to watch. anyone else obsessed with rachel ray?

2. # ADS

I do like the show, although I have to say that her cheesiness gets on my nerves. My 5-year-old daughter loves it, though. The other day, she was sitting on the kitchen counter watching me prepare dinner and she asked me if we were making a 30-minute meal. And then she pretended to get a bowl and fill it up with ingredients and spices. It was so cute.

I like watching shows like this and picking up tips - even if I don't use the actual recipe. I did learn how to do spaghetti squash from her, too.

i know...her cuteness is annoying, and yet, her techniques offer great shortcuts and i just love her whole short cut approach for week-day meals. maybe its because i'm pregnant, but i'm finding cooking, my craft of choice, to be sort of draining these days. many of the other shows are more about cooking stylishly, but she is really bare-bones, here is some quick and good food.

I've always been a big fan. I didn't really know that other people found her so sugary. I should mention that cuteness has never turned me off to anything. On the contrary, it's my weakness. I find cuteness irresistable! Bunnies, kittens, pop music, bubbles, glitter, deery lou, couples in love, cooing babies. I find pretention and bombast much more irritating than her affable dorkiness.

Besides, her cooking is easy, flavorful and always tastes good. I trust her food.

Long live cute!

I love Rachel Ray, and find her cuteness sweet. I don't know, maybe I'm a sucker, but it seems really genuine.

My MIL gave me the 2nd cookbook, and I like it, but my quibble is that it's a challenge to find calorie conscious meals in there. Her menu suggestions involve more food than I eat in a whole day sometimes.

Heh, I wish I ate that little, I'd be a lot skinnier! Maybe try cutting the portions in half or freezing leftovers?

The boy has a HUGE crush on Rachael Ray. I was trying to show him how to cut the core out of the pineapple last night, and I said, "Now this is what Rachael Ray says to do" and then he did it. What a sucker. Yet another reason we don't have cable!

E.V.O.O!! i love her too! she's so goofy, especially on $40 a day

OK - That's one of the things that bugs me. She always says, "EVOO. Extra Virgin Olive Oil!!!" I'm like, "What's the point of abbreviating it if you're going to spell it out too?"

And when something falls out of dish and she's always, "Oh no - carrot overboard!!!

I know, I know, but I'm just feeling crotchety today!

OK, i know the evoo thing can be annoying and her dumb-jokes and the fact that she doesn't use very many veggies. but i watch that show every afternoon as my break from my work-day. i guess it's one of the pitfalls of working from home.

oh, i also wanted to say my best friend laura makes so much fun of me for watching 30 minute meals. do any others out there get made fun of? I also love british mysteries, which my friends deride me for, so what the hey.

Remove Ads

Ads