+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Christmas Gifts for Boyfriend

I am so bad about gifts. I usually never even give any, because I can't finish them. I still never gave my boyfriend much of a gift last year. (all he got was a sweatshirt, because I had stolen his favorite one.) I was planning on making something but never found the right thing.

Anyway, this year, I need to give him (the same one) something special. I was thinking about maybe doing something with a mirror, and writing the lyrics to Velvet Underground's "I'll Be Your Mirror" on it. And I also really like the Light Box in this month's ReadyMade. And maybe I should finish the painting of PJ Harvey for him. My boyfriend could use things for his room. He is kind of artsy, like me.

Anyway, I know, even if I have ideas, I probably still won't do anything. Anyone have ideas for soemthing I can make, or do, or a way i could modify my own ideas? Help help.

2. # ADS

If you want something mushy, those little accordion books (with reasons you love him, or a list of your favorite memories with him, or things that remind you of him, etc.) are cute.

Your ideas sound fantastic, btw.

eta: or a coupon book (same basic idea; either one can be as mushy or punk-y as you want it to be).

ada
    For his last birthday, I embroidered a shirt for my boy. It was a Dickies-style work-shirt, and I embroidered a rocket (the one from Tintin comics) with a scroll banner underneath it that said 'Earth'. Placed it on the top of the sleeve, like a bicep 'mother' tattoo. He's obsessed with that rocket, so he loved the shirt.

these are good ideas. i am getting inspired.

my boyfriend always likes it when I paint him stuff. He really likes having stuff to hang up whether it's Bob Marley posters or one of a kind art. It's nice knowing he appreciates stuff like that, especily when it is done by me :)
    just an idea, hope it helps!

what one of my friends did was get a whole bunch of those rubber bracelets ("fuckbands") and made a little key for them--if a white band was broken, she kissed him, if a yellow one was broken, she bought him dinner, if a black one was broken....etc. etc. they had a lot of fun with that ;) hahahah.

but yeah i'm kind of in the same situation except i've only been dating my guy for 2 weeks, and his birthday is coming up on the 3rd and then there's christmas. he says he doesn't want presents, but i kind of want to give him *something*...i don't know what though, since this is so new. does anybody have any ideas?

i love velvet underground and happen to be making the same mirror you're talking about for my husband for our one year anniversary this Christmas Eve...what I'm doing is going to my local hobby store and buying a thick frame and a mirror to fit inside it. I am then going to paint the frame (either a solid color or pattern havent decided) and then with a silver paint pen write the lyrics I'm only doing the first verse but you could do all the lyrics if you wanted. And then you could embelish it with trinkets such as concert or movie tickets from dates....rocks from a park you guys went to...etc...just be creative...it doesnt have to be too mushy just as long as you let your heart and creativity guide you.

that is so WEIRD! i thought my idea was totally original! he's not even into the velvet underground, but i still think those words are perfect.

ada
    lilian; for new relationships i usually bought fairly neutral things - like flowers, tickets to an event (theatre, concert) together, a cd of music they like... some kind of token that you thought of them.

crafty boyfriend gifts

Since my boyfriend and I started dating about a year and a half ago I've bombarded him with so many cheesy crafty gifts, but he always loves them. We're kinda cheese balls so it's fun to give to someone who appriciates, you know?

Anyhow, here are some things I made that might inspire you:

-For xmas last year I wrote and illustrated a little childrens-style story book about how we fell in love and cute stuff we did together

-Bought one of those picture frames with 9 spaces for pics and filled it with picture of us, and then stuck fortunes on the frame sort of coresponding to each picture that I had saved from all the times we ate Chinese together

-Made a pillow using a pillow case (sewed one side and stuffed it) that I had ironed picture of us on...the front had little picture of pieces of me, like a picture of my eyes, then a picture of my mouth, and my hands, my belly, and stuff, then the the words "you make me" then on the back it had a pic of both of us together and it said "whole" above it

-Ordered a tank top that said "Nick and Cari fell in love in Virginia" with a pic of the state on it, then it had an inside joke on the back...obviously, the tank was for me, but it was just cute to suprise him by wearing it

-Made a list: "18 things i love about you" and wrote it out in pretty handwriting on a big piece of paper (could be framed if you wanted)

-Bought a sleek black frame, then collected four picture of us kissing, and printed them out in black and white and put them in the frame

-Sometimes I'll randomly bake him a cake and decorate it funny with like inside jokes or something on it (i have this sort of fear of clowns, and he always teases me about it, so i made a chocolate cake and bought those little decorations from the grocery store that have little clowns and letters, and i put clowns on the cake and spelled out "fuck the clowns!"

-Actually one really cute thing he did for MY last birthday was a really good idea that maybe you could incorprate somehow to fit you, but he and i have this sort of joke that everything we need in life starts with the letter S...(i.e. sleep, shower, sandwhich, spooning, shots, etc) so he got all these little gift bags and in each one was a card that said for example "Shower" and in the bag he put like shower gel, a loofa, and lotion...then for like "Shots" he bought be a variety of shot glasses...obviously, it's a simple idea and simple gifts but the thought was really cute.

Anyhow, I've written a lot so hope this isn't TOO MUCH INFO! And it's funny that now that i try to remember all the stuff I've made, I feel like I can't think of anything!
    But hope maybe it will inspire those of you looking to get crafty for christmas (wow that sounds geekish, huh? :) ) If you have any questions or want other ideas feel free to email me though.

-Cari

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Ads