Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    last night i made my version of beef stroganoff using lean ground beef and beer.
    strawberries are now in season so for dessert i made strawberry & banana milkshakes.

2. # ADS

teriyaki chicken with a couple spoonfuls of hot and sour soup paste in the pan, extra ginger and garlic, over rice, and fresh corn on the cob on the side! ohmygod it was so good.

and last night, I gotta tell you guys- fresh green garbanzo beans! we sat on the couch and shelled 'em and talked about how nice it would be to live out in the country and have some land and a big front porch where we could sit and shell peas or beans.
    anyway, they were really good, tastes kinda like a cross between a bean and a pea. I just blanched them real quick and then sautee'd them with a little olive oil, s&p. wonderful!
    I've only seen them at this one mexican market, and only in the late spring. but some farmer's markets probably carry them.

-cherokee

mr. honeybee's birthday, so...
    burritos with-
    grilled wild salmon in a lime-tamari marinade
    corn/rice/beans/fresh cilantro
    guacamole
    chipotle sour cream
    grilled veggies
    and chocolate cake with fresh strawberries and real whipped cream

last night-homemade pizza and gin and tonics!

Quote Originally Posted by rivercat
    teriyaki chicken with a couple spoonfuls of hot and sour soup paste in the pan, extra ginger and garlic, over rice, and fresh corn on the cob on the side! ohmygod it was so good.

and last night, I gotta tell you guys- fresh green garbanzo beans! we sat on the couch and shelled 'em and talked about how nice it would be to live out in the country and have some land and a big front porch where we could sit and shell peas or beans.
    anyway, they were really good, tastes kinda like a cross between a bean and a pea. I just blanched them real quick and then sautee'd them with a little olive oil, s&p. wonderful!
    I've only seen them at this one mexican market, and only in the late spring. but some farmer's markets probably carry them.

-cherokee
    oh. i love fresh beans and i've been known to cook up some fresh cranberry beans, but haven't tried the green garbanzos. the scene you describe is quite idyllic. yum!

I've never had fresh cranberry beans- yet.

man, I really love beans. cheap, versatile, yummy protein! my boyfriend's always like, 'beans, again?' yeah.

some beans I have loved-

anasazi- sweet cousin of the pinto bean. I like 'em all by themselves. here's a photo- http://waltonfeed.com/self/beans.html#anasazi

black beans- with cumin seed, sauteed onions, cheese, cilantro, tomato, sour cream- to scoop up with tortilla chips. I make a this probably once a week.

I even like lima beans. not those yucky frozen ones you may have been forced to eat as a kid. the dry ones are good, after cookin' 'em, stir in some butter, and brown sugar. seriously.

and don't forget chickpea flour! it makes a great indian 'pancake' with spicy tomato chutney on the side.

-cherokee (bean dork)

Last night it was a bowl of grapenuts with raisins and soy milk. I'm so fancy. Actually, I am going to be away for the rest of the week so I refuse to go grocery shopping until I get back.

Quote Originally Posted by danielepea
    Last night it was a bowl of grapenuts with raisins and soy milk. I'm so fancy. Actually, I am going to be away for the rest of the week so I refuse to go grocery shopping until I get back.
    nothing wrong with the grapenuts! been known to have for dinner myself!

I got wild salmon at the store tonight & we grilled it with garlic, lime juice and soy sauce. I made rice with walnuts and fresh broccoli with Vidalia onions (with sesame oil and soy sauce on it). Yum! I love Oregon salmon.

I wish it were cheaper though, wild salmon was $11 a pound, and farm-raised was $3. But I would rather spend the money and have something really good!

I made tostadas on whole wheat chapatis with organic jack cheese, tofu cheddar, organic black beans, bell peppers, tomatoes.

Lately, some variation of this tostada is my favorite dinner.

Chicken soup and crusty bread

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads