Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

what did you have for dinner?

i had pork chops with tomatoes and sage, from marcella hazan's italian cookbook which i LOVE. anyone else?

2. # ADS

I had my mama's lasagna bolognese (leftover) and half a stuffed pepper (also left over) and finished with a romaine and cherry tomato salad with roquefort dressing. And the last of my Easter Jelly Bellys as I studied.

I went out for dinner...again.

I had a wrap: spicy chicken, lettuce, tomatoes, and bleu cheese dressing in a tomato-basil tortilla.

I also had French fries, and various pickles, onions, and tomatoes that other people didn't want to eat. I can't believe so many people passed up pickles! Worked out in my favor, though.

last night, i ate at my best friend's house before we visited our psychic (full moon in scorpio AND an eclipse--very powerful time). she made spaghetti with fried eggs--a comfort food "dish" we discovered we both love from childhood. mmmm...

Last night we had:
    • ~ salad
      ~ nachos baked with old cheddar. Homemade salsa and guacamole (made by me), sour cream and refried beans.
      ~ strawberries, papaya and pineapple, chopped up, topped with sugar and left to sit for a few hours in the fridge. Then, topped with a splash of soymilk and some Amarula and a little more sugar. Mmmmm...

T'was tres yummy! ;o)

Green Beans and
    Salad with FF Ranch Dressing
    Whole Fruit Strawberry Popsicle,and a
    Banana

Quote Originally Posted by MonaMew
    Last night we had:
    • ~ salad
      ~ nachos baked with old cheddar. Homemade salsa and guacamole (made by me), sour cream and refried beans.
      ~ strawberries, papaya and pineapple, chopped up, topped with sugar and left to sit for a few hours in the fridge. Then, topped with a splash of soymilk and some Amarula and a little more sugar. Mmmmm...

T'was tres yummy! ;o)
    oh, thanks for the inspiration. i'm making nachos tomorrow night!

last night i was cranky and tired from work so i ordered a cheese pizza and picked it up.

The night before I was feeling experimental so i made fried shimp and fries...now that might not seem like much but the only thing i've ever deep fried is tortillas to make tortilla chips, so this was something new, i adaped a calamari recipe i saw on the everyday italian cooking show and made fried shrimp out of some cocktail shrimp i had in the freezer and served it with some ore-ida fries...this is one of the only new things i've tried that my b/f has actually complimented, i.e. we make spaghetti sauce from scratch alot and he says that's good, but this was something brand new. :)

jt

I'm eating my dinner right now - pasta salad, Wheat Thins, and Cinnamon Teddy Grahams. This was actually my lunch that I took to work, but abandoned in favor of mexican food in honor of Cinco de Mayo. I just got out of a late meeting and didn't feel like cooking anything.

:o0

"Italian stir fry" which I just invented tonight: Beef chunks (actually meant "for stew") stir-fried with red wine instead of soy sauce, herb seasoning, mushrooms and frozen Italian-blend veggies. Not bad and relatively quick.

My experimental dessert was kind of a disaster, though. I meant for it to be sliced bananas drizzled with caramelized sugar sauce—the sugar was supposed to turn out all lacy and crispy. But I made way too much of it and cooked it too long, so it turned out to be plates of solidified burnt sugar with slices of banana embedded in it. We picked them out and ate them anyway, of course.

Cooking at home two nights in a row—a triumph for me lately!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads