+ Reply to Thread

Thread: creamer in tea?

creamer in tea?

Can you do this? I don't buy milk because I'm at college and don't find it necessary to buy any, since I can get it in the cafeteria. I usually want lots more hot tea than going to the cafeteria three times a day will allow.

I have just regular creamer, a whole bunch of it, and I wonder if it'll taste weird in tea. I've never heard of people putting creamer for coffee in tea, but I'm pretty easy to please.

I don't see why it wouldn't work. Any thoughts? I'm craving tea.

2. # ADS

Yeah, it's fine. You just need it hot enough to blend. If it's too cool, like it's been sitting in the pot for a half hour, it may leave little lumps on top.

You might be happy with a packet of nonfat dry milk. That works okay at lightening coffee or tea, and is way less fat and fewer chemicals you don't need.

Thanks!

This creamer is actually nonfat and ten calories per teaspoon, which confused me because I thought all creamers had some fat in it. It's nondairy, maybe that's why? It's supplied by Royal Cup... hmm.

Although, you're right, it might be nice to take a break from chemicals. I'm not sure what the heck sodium silicoaluminate or lecithin is. I never thought about that sort of thing. Thanks for bringing that up.

sodium silicoaluminate probably keeps it from clumping, and lecithin gives things a fuller mouth feel. lecithin is usually derived from soybeans, and it's not unhealthy.

honestly, if you're buying non-organic milk, i'd be a hell of a lot more worried about the chemicals in that than whatever they put in non-dairy creamer.

Lecithin is an emulsifier. Its job is to keep oil and water from separating once they're blended. It's also found in egg whites. Think of mayonnaise - it's simply oil, water and eggs.

Something most people don't know (and I know you didn't ask): Most "non-dairy" creamers aren't really non-dairy. They're made from sodium caseinate - casein is milk protein. If you're sensitive or allergic to the protein in milk (different from lactose intolerance), non-dairy creamer is basically the worst part of it in concentrated form.

Silk makes an excellent soy creamer that's totally dairy-free. It looks and tastes just like real cream.

I think powdered creamers are gross. When I don't have access to milk, I prefer to drink tea that doesn't need anything added ---- like Earl Grey or just about any herb tea or green tea.

I'd buy the little single serving aspeptic (is that the right word?) boxes of milk or soymilk that don't need refrigerating. They come 3 to a pack and cost maybe $2. Once the box is open, put in on your windowsill, inside or outside if you can, to keep it cold, and try to finish it in a day. I'm with cackalackie, the powder stuff is no good and is not something a person who values their health should comsume.

Ha! I love how I typed two random ingredients on my creamer, and there were craftistas who knew the answer (I really was gonna google, I promise)!

I tried the creamer in my tea and was just fine with it. I think I probably put worse things into my body (probably shouldn't admit that) like sweet n low, etc. Oh, man.

I need to be nicer to my body. Even in just the small things.

Ads