Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Quorn

Quorn

Does anyone else like it? I really do! I think it tastes so good and it has tons of protein. It was on sale today so I bought the chicken nuggets style. My favorite is the roast though... it is so delicious with vegetables!

If you haven't tried it, it's a vegetarian meat substitute thing, made with mycoprotein (which is from mushrooms/fungus) and egg white. It's sort of chickenlike and tastes lighter than soy. All you have to do is heat it up, it's already cooked.

I wonder if I'm the only one?

2. # ADS

I've tried it and it's pretty good. The only thing that bother's me is the fact that Astra Zeneca is behind the company. That bugs me a great deal.

yes, I remember when you tried it ;)

Who is Astra Zeneca? That sounds bad...

Astra Zeneca is a pharmceutical company. I don't think they have a bad reputation, it's just odd.

Quorn is my favorite fake meat! It is sooo delicious. It does weird me out slightly that it's made by AstraZeneca, but not enough to stop eating. The tenders are my favorite, add them to black beans and rice and you've got yourself a serious meal.

yummy stuff that quorn.

I like to make the quorn roast for dinner and then spend the rest of the week making sandwiches out of the leftovers (quorn + vegannaise = yum!). The roast is also yummy with BBQ sauce.

The tenders are good too. I must try them with black beans & rice as nicegirl suggested. That sounds so good.

I like all varieties of quorn!

Where do you ladies find your Quorn? Is it something you'd have to go to a specialty shop for, or can it be found in a regular grocery store? The stores around my town don't seem to have it...maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places. It sounds very yummy and versataile!

-Anna

MizMosa, you can find it at stores like Whole Foods or Wild oats.

You can also check http://www.quorn.com/us/index.htm.

Because I am a vegetarian I eat quorn regularly, but it's important not to have it too often. That slightly sour taste does get irritating if you have it with everything.

Quote Originally Posted by lilyblue
    MizMosa, you can find it at stores like Whole Foods or Wild oats.

You can also check http://www.quorn.com/us/index.htm.
    Thanks lilyblue! Looks like the closest places for me are in Cleveland...guess I'll have to pick some up on my next trip there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads