Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone else out there like to watch Barefoot Contessa?

Hi,
    I just love watching Barefoot Contessa w/Ina Garten if not for the recipe ideas (which I've gotten a few real good ones) but for the escape into her lifestyle and friends? It can be a bit grandiose but I enjoy watching it. I guess she used to work at the white house and her husband is the dean at Yale. It's fun cooking TV for me anyway. Just curious to see if anyone else enjoys her show too.

2. # ADS

I love that show! It is a nice escape, and does give great ideas. My fiance says I'm the only person under 50 who probably watches it :)

Quote Originally Posted by acebeader
    I love that show! It is a nice escape, and does give great ideas. My fiance says I'm the only person under 50 who probably watches it :)
    LOL I myself am a Gen-Xer! I just love her show and I get a kick out of how if her husband or she is driving the camera has to zoom in on the Mercedes or BMW ornaments on their cars!

Yup, love it and am under 50! I think it has to be the escapism. As if there is nothing in the world to do but plan meals, one at a time, with perfectly set tables and sporadic outings for the perfect ingredient.

I like the Contessa almost as much as Martha! Although some of the Contessa's recipes are a little "out there" for me, I love the way she packages everything! The other thing that really grabs me about Ina Garten is the way she speaks -- so well-modulated, calm, and soothing. I've often thought she'd make a great therapist or doctor or nurse -- some sort of "comforter."

Patty

I find her voice and her mannerisms very comforting and relaxing to watch. I want to just hang around her kitchen perched on a bar stool all day and listen to her.

I love it, too! She's fancy without being annoyingly pretentious and fussy (I think so, anyway), and everything always ends up looking beautiful. It's escape tv for me, too, I just didn't realize it until just now.

I like her recipes, too, which is a plus.

Quote Originally Posted by cosmosgrrl
    The other thing that really grabs me about Ina Garten is the way she speaks -- so well-modulated, calm, and soothing. I've often thought she'd make a great therapist or doctor or nurse -- some sort of "comforter."

Patty
    I agree with that as well--she does have a soothing voice!

I fell in love with the B.C. with one watch of her show. Yeah, she's pretty involved and it's probably not the life i'll be living any time soon...but it's a dream and she's doing it! I love it when she brings in flowers from her garden. They're always beautiful.

I love Martha, but have a big problem listening to her talk as well as how she talks to her guests. The B.C. on the other hand doesn't rub me the wrong way like Martha does, so it's practically everything I love.

I also like her a lot. I like drooling over her house and gardens - and she does have the perfect voice to take a map to.

I also love when she uses stuff from the garden to make non-fussy but beautiful table centerpeices! She used a big handfull of flowering chives the other day - I though that was so cool...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads