70s weight watcher cards

These are some old weight watcher cards from the 70s. They are HILARIOUS. The cards themselves are really great, but it's the comments about them that really got me.

Enjoy!

http://www.candyboots.com/wwcards.html

2. # ADS

I remember seeing those a while back - hilarious indeed, and frightening! Thanks for showing us again.

My mom was on Weight Watchers in that era (though she really didn't need it). I remember some of the scary stuff she had to eat and actually claimed to enjoy...like "Knox blocks" made of plain gelatin mixed with diet pop. What scarred me for life was her favorite snack: toast covered with cottage cheese, frozen strawberries, cinnamon and saccharin, baked in the oven into a gloppy mess.

shudder.

Oh man, Knox blocks- my mom used to make them, but with regular jello PLUS the Knox. Supposedly so you could eat the jello with your fingers (pre-jello jigglers era), but it was like eating rubber. Ew. I had forgot about those.

Saccharin- yuck. That's what the 70s tasted like. :(

Re: 70s weight watcher cards

Quote Originally Posted by craftytricks
    These are some old weight watcher cards from the 70s. They are HILARIOUS. The cards themselves are really great, but it's the comments about them that really got me.
    What an understatement! My face and shirt were WET with tears. I was paralysed with pain down my left side but I couldn't stop reading. I think I invented a new laugh - I was laughing in a way I had never heard come out of my own mouth before. Man that was funny. I think I just became more and more overcome because each one seemed funnier than the last.

I just took a second look to try and choose a favourite, but I couldn't. Even typing this message I'm start to convulse as I remember some of the comments - "see how the ceramic mushroom family has gathered to show their children what happens to bad little mushrooms".

Thankyou so, so much for sharing.

I've just realised when you have the cards open in a second window there is an original message for each card that appears in the toolbar at the bottom of the page. It's sent me into a fit again.

Re: 70s weight watcher cards

Quote Originally Posted by pudding
    What an understatement! My face and shirt were WET with tears. I was paralysed with pain down my left side but I couldn't stop reading. I think I invented a new laugh - I was laughing in a way I had never heard come out of my own mouth before. Man that was funny. I think I just became more and more overcome because each one seemed funnier than the last.
    I almost had this same experience except I made the bad decision to read the cards at work. Which means I had to repress my laughter so that the people in the surrounding cubes didn't think I was a lunatic. I think trying not to laugh out loud made reading through the cards even more funny, and even more painful!

It is hard to pick a favorite, but I think mine might be the Polynesian Snack.

Oh man..."Fluffy Mackerel Pudding"!?! I can see how those cards could work...I have absolutely no desire to eat right now.

The '70s certainly were a burnt orange time, weren't they?

That "Gallery of Regrettable Food" link is worth checking out too, if only for "Broiled Yeti Penis."

Remove Ads

Ads