Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Cookbooks?

Best Cookbooks?

Hi, I've recently become kind of cookbook obsessed...so I'm wondering what everyone's favorite cookbooks are.

I love the really fancy ones with the big color pictures...well actually I like to check them out from the library since I can't afford to buy them ;) I recently checked out the Barefoot Contessa Family Style cookbook and loved it (but haven't tried any of the recipes yet) Anyway...

Do you have a favorite cookbook? Have you found any cookbooks where the majority of recipes are awesome and do-able?

2. # ADS

i love cook books. but my money pocket says now ay, so instead i sit at borders and looks at pretty pictures and sometimes secretly write down the recipies.
    but anyways.
    my fav cookbooks:
    -how to be a domestic goddess (both eye candy for the bakery obsessed and most deffinatly great tasting foods as well) by niggela lawson.
    -garden of vegan (actually, i havnt ever used any recipies out of this book...and im not vegan. but the cover is really pretty and the recipie names sound good anyhow)
    -magnolia bakery cookbook (i do have this one...and so far eveything i have made from it has been wondermus)
    -im just here for the food by alton brown (i love alton brown...so informative..such cute drawings)

Anything by Marcella Hazaan rocks my kitchen.

Not so much her newest one, as it's more method and less recipe. But there's one called Marcella Cuccina that I just could not live without.

It's really simple but excellent italian

I second How to Be a Domestic Goddess. There is a really tasty recipe for a garlic-y flatbread in there that is so good.

I really like the Fannie Farmer Baking Book--it has a ton of information to go along with the recipes.

The two Vegetarian Epicure books are great. I'm not a vegetarian but I really like some of the dishes (and the cover art is nice).

I've pretty much stopped buying cook books in the last year. I have several recipe websites that I visit and I use them. (cheaper)

what are some good cooking websites? i get overwhelmed when i visit allrecipes...any other suggestions?

my family and i use epicurious.com all the time. they have a ton of great stuff, and their search function is awesome.

Mrs. Maraschino-
    I'm so glad to hear that the Alton Brown book is good. I just ordered it, and I can't wait to get it in the mail!

There are a few recipe websites I use...
    for really easy packet dinners www.reynoldswrap.com
    The Food Network Website
    There are several on www.tasteofhome.com but so far I've only made the Cookie Turkeys
    or I just type what I want to make into Google and then pick the recipe that I have the ingredients for

mmmmm. anything by NIGELLA LAWSON is fabulous. her recipies are complex and full of flavor but not too difficult to make. i can't remember which book it's in, but her recipe for lemon risotto is always in rotation in my kitchen! happy feasting!

I love looking through cookbooks, my favorites are the old ones with the awesome illustrations and the new ones with beautiful photographs. My current favorite cookbook is A Year in a Vegetarian Kitchen by Jack Bishop, which has so many great recipes and really good explanations. It's seasonal cooking, which I'm trying to learn more about anyway, which is an added bonus.

(p.s. I bumped an old "favourite cookbooks" thread for you; it has a lot of great suggestions!)

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads