Thread: Sexy food

Sexy food

I ran across this recipe in looking for some nice valentine's ideas. I also saw a salad of mixed greens that was garnished with heart-shaped sliced beets.

Any other ideas?

Stuffed Brie

The caramelized onions and dried chopped dates add sweetness to the punch of the Brie. Serve with sliced baguettes or large crackers. Makes 6 servings.

3 tablespoons butter
    1 onion, chopped
    2 cups fresh sliced mushrooms
    1/2 cup dates, pitted and chopped
    1 (8 ounce) wheel Brie cheese

- In a medium skillet over medium heat, melt butter and caramelize onions and mushrooms; add dates and warm mixture for about 2 minutes.
    - Slice the Brie wheel in half down the center so that there is a top and a
    bottom; fill with the onion mixture. Replace the top of the Brie.
    - Microwave Brie for 1 to 3 minutes or until bubbly; serve.

2. # ADS

I wouldn't call it "sexy" exactly, but sushi is a good date food. It's fun to pick out all the fancy maki rolls and mix up the wasabi and soy sauce and eat off the same sushi platform-thing. It's especially entertaining if you can get a bar seat at a sushi boat restaurant--then you can watch the sushis float by as you eat. It's a good interactive eating experience. Also, and maybe this is the sexy part, you don't get the over-full feeling after eating sushi that you get after eating, say, a big dish of pasta. So then you're in the perfect condition to head on home for some Valentine's romance!

Ooh, sushi /is/ fun.

And this going to sound cheesy (pun!), but gourmet pizza (get a fancy pre-made crust and just add your fave toppings) would be great.

For obvious sexiness, chocolate, strawberries (or raspberries even, which have a lovely squishy texture and the same bright red fruitiness), and cream, are pretty unbeatable. I think when it comes to sexy meals, visual impact is pretty important. For a starter for our meal tonight, I've made beetroot soup with feta. It's such a stunning, vibrant, sexy colour, that although beetroot is hardly known as an aphrodisiac, it seems somehow appropriate for this sort of 'special' meal!
    That stuffed brie sounds absoluetely gorgeous, can't wait to try that one!

I love all the ideas so far. I'm still unsure what the entire menu will consist of, as I'm preparing it myself - and it has to work for the two children as well! I don't believe the kids have ever had sushi. That might be fun! (There are plenty of shops where I can pick some up already made.)

Brie followed by sushi? Hmmm.....not sure about that!

I love the idea of beetroot soup. My husband would consider that an aphrodisiac, I can tell you. He loves beetroot. But I saw on some Martha e-mail these sliced beets cut into the shape of a heart, placed atop a salad of mixed greens (and probably some goat cheese, which I find very sexy).

I think we'll do fondue and homemade pizzas some other time. Both those would be fun for the whole family.

I don't know about "sexy" food but for romantic food I'd pick a spaghetti dinner with crusty bread and some nice wine or champagne. It's cheap and filling and there's just something romantic about it, I think.

Remove Ads

Ads