Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    i have an intense love for chipwhiches (ice cream sandwiches made with chocolate chip cookies) dipped in cheddar cheese sauce...

like the pb, sweet pickles, and miracle whip sandwhiches...

tootsie rolls with sharp cheddar...

my dad has a "try anything once" motto, and i think it was catching

2. # ADS

My new thing is corn on the cob spread with mayo, squeezed lemon, dried red pepper and salt. I first had this from a cart that traveled, ringing a bell, around my old neighborhood (some hoods get ice cream, we get corn). Now I eat corn this way all of the time.

I use what my boyfriend calls "girl mayonnaise"-- the Trader Joe's lower fat version (the full-fat is a bit too much for me), but the authentic corn-cart recipe uses the real deal. I suppose that if mayo makes you gag you could use butter, lemon, pepper and salt, but I love the deviousness of mayo. mmm. I need to go get another jar.

I love the fries/ice cream combo too.

It's not really weird...but I love those pre-cooked pepperonies, and then the Hunts marinara sauce. I take the pepperonies, and just dip them in the sauce and eat them. Yummy.

Pinapple on my bergers
    Frys in shakes(yep me too!)
    Doritos in ice cream or Jello
    Strawberries in sour cream with Chalula
    Milk and Diet Coke

Oh ya.
    I call this the poor mans rootbeer float.
    You pour half a glass of root beer, and then fill the rest with milk.
    You can do that with Cream Soda too.

Quote Originally Posted by juna
    My new thing is corn on the cob spread with mayo, squeezed lemon, dried red pepper and salt. I first had this from a cart that traveled, ringing a bell, around my old neighborhood (some hoods get ice cream, we get corn). Now I eat corn this way all of the time.

I use what my boyfriend calls "girl mayonnaise"-- the Trader Joe's lower fat version (the full-fat is a bit too much for me), but the authentic corn-cart recipe uses the real deal. I suppose that if mayo makes you gag you could use butter, lemon, pepper and salt, but I love the deviousness of mayo. mmm. I need to go get another jar.
    corn on the cob with sour cream is good too!

Forgot to say that I also eat ham and cream cheese together.

My all time favorite that gets lots of stares is:

Chocolate cake and beer. Actually anything chocolate and beer.

My other craving that I can't ignore is salted peanuts and tomato juice or dark rye bread and tomato juice.

I have to agree that sour cream goes with anything - esp chili (I also like avacado with that too)

And peanut butter and dill pickle sandwiches are alright too.

A coworker brought in a chocolate layer cake for someone's birthday last week, and it was totally moist & scrumptious...she gave me the recipe and darned if the secret ingredient wasn't Miracle Whip! It really was a great cake, but I never ever imagined allowing mayo and choclate in the same room together, let alone in the same cake.

Hmm, Miracle Whip in a cake? Sounds interesting but I wouldn't be surprised if it works.

Yeah, Mexican food has tons of sour cream everywhere. Actually, my sisters and I used to eat sour cream plain with a spoon and a dash of salt and Louisiana Hot Sauce. I can't even imagine doing it now, way too much dairy.

My older sister was the queen of funky foods, some were edible too. The best was when she layered melted chocolate over saltine crackers and sprinkled walnuts on top. Mmm, you can't beat salty with chocolate-y. My husband thinks it's interesting that I'll squeeze lime on anything (beer, tomatoes, chips with louisiana hot sauce, cheetos, cucumbers, carrots). I got worried about my teeth and had to limit the lime juice intake.

Once when I was absolutely broke during college I tried to mix a can of tuna, wheat germ and louisiana hot sauce, eaten with crackers. Did not turn out well.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads