post-indulgence suggestions?

lately i notice i've been eating a lot of crap. it culminated in a pizza, wings and ice cream gorgefest last nite (it really wasn't that bad but oy i don't want to see another pizza for a year!). i really need to chill out on all that bad food and focus on eating better cuz i'm starting to feel like a cow.

i don't like salads or raw veggies that much and i'm not looking to fast or do any kind of flushing. i guess i just want to get back to the basics.

any suggestions?

jangrl

2. # ADS

you know i just saw that thread about cleansing. haha i guess i should have looked more carefully before posting. :)

jangrl

When I saw the title of this thread, I thought it was going to be about what folks like to eat after having sex. (Which everyone knows should be ice cream eaten out of the container.)

Ha! I thought it was going to be about what to do to get rid of a hangover!

(Which, of course is lots and lots of water followed by greasy food -- In'N'Out hamburgers, fast food versions of Mexican food and Pasta Roni mac'n'chees.)

I like to eat salads every once in a while but if you dont' like them, just try to eat nutritiously.
    Try oatmeal for breakfast,
    for lunch make a nutritious sandwich on good whole wheat bread (turkey with avocado, shredded carrots and wasabi mayonnaise is a great one).

Snack on oranges or clementines.

For dinner, something light like chicken, potatoes and a vegetable cooked however you like them. I also like to make pasta with chicken and broccoli with just a little olive oil and paremesan sprinkled on it.

I also like to drink unsweetened (real) iced tea. I'm addicted to it.

Whenever I need a 'cleanse' I avoid overdoing it on the carbs. I drink orange juice, eat some bananas, and try to up my meat intake. Also, it helps to get out of the house more often and be more active--after a busy day walking or doing something I enjoy I always want to eat something equally pleasant and refreshing.

Yeah when I'm feeling gross about what I've been eating, I try to get back to eating on a normal schedule (3 meals a day instead of random snacking on weird combinations) and I also try to drink more water, eat more fruits and veggies and make good meals instead of relying on pasta with plain sauce.

Oatmeal's a good idea too...can't feel too bad about what I'm eating if I start the day out with oatmeal.

I always fill my house full of 'good for you snacks' - cheese and crackers, apples, bananas, strawberries, granola, ... That way, when I just have to snack, I can only eat well.

I also second oatmeal for breakfast. For lunch, I eat a lot of soup (it's easy and stores in the desk drawer well) or I pack a sandwich. For dinner, my hubby and I make a lot of stirfry's (with minimal oil). Or we focus on the meat, vegetable, starch type dinner (ex. - teriaki chicken, broccoli and carrots and rice or grilled, marinated flank steak with creamed spinach and sun-dried tomato couscous).

I find I eat a LOT less crap if I have to make myself and if I stay away from prepared / processed food. Plus it usually tastes so much better.

m.

I thought the thread was going to be along the lines of "I just ate two bags of potato chips and I feel gross, what do I do?" and my answer would have been "eat an apple, that always makes me feel better" because apples are some kind of antidote to chips and the like...seriously, if you eat an apple (especially a Granny Smith one) you will feel much better. Anyway...

To answer on the actual topic, I second/third/whatever having a proper breakfast - you'll feel much better throughout the day. And eat lots of fruit and vegetables. At least five servings a day. You might also want to cut down on dairy, because I tend to feel gross when I eat dairy, but I think everyone's digestive systems are different so what works for me doesn't necessarily work for you.

I hate to admit this, but my 1st thought was sex too. But I might be a bit obsessed right now. Heh-heh.
    When I start to feel gross, I start drinking a lot more water and try to eat healthier stuff. I'm one of those people that can do it for about 2 weeks before I have to be "bad" and eat the red meat or ice cream and get my taste for the fat out of my system...then go back to my good eating.

Remove Ads

Ads