Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lyssalicious
    I just discovered "30-Minute Meals" yesterday. I think I have a girlcrush on Rachael Ray now.
    I absolutely understand your feelings! She's had me hooked since the first show I saw. She's adorable!

I love how her meals really take 30 minutes and she never overdoes it with tons of exotic ingredients that you have to run to every specialty shop in town searching for. Her food fits my lifestyle the best.

2. # ADS

I love Yan, Alton, Jamie Oliver, the 2 fat ladies, the Barefoot Contessa, Jacques and Julia. I go back and forth on Sarah Moulton. Sometimes I like her, but sometimes I get kind of creeped out by her b/c she is so poised she almost seems like a robot.

Amygdala, I also love watching Lydia. It just always makes me feel calm watching her stir a big pot of sauce. (;

I can't STAND Rachel Ray or Booby Flay. That's what I call him. Oh, and Maryann Esposito of Ciao Italia. Erggh, she's so full of herself. Also not a big fan of Tyler Florence or that Michael guy from California who does the casual Italian cooking (although I love his recipes).

A new fave of ours is Donna Hay - I think she was on Martha not too long ago - we got one of her cookbooks and she is fabulous.

i really like rachael ray. sometimes her expressions are over the top and annoying, but she seems really down to earth.

and of course i'm on the good eats bandwagon with alton brown. how could i not, being a science teacher? i was going to tape the mayonnaise show to show my kids for emulsions, but life got in the way. it will always be on again and again!

emeril grates my nerves, not my cheese. bobby flay, too, for that matter.

everyone else, i really have no opinion on.

Alton Brown and Nigela Lawson are my favorits No doubt.
    I used to like Martha Stewerts cokking segments as well.

I lovelovelove Alton Brown & Tyler Florence. I like Rachel Ray's recipes but don't really watch the show anymore, much easier to just get the recipes from the website.

And I'm so not a fan of Bobby Flay, Emeril, or Sarah Moulton. YUCK! I don't know, I just find all three of them to be foodsnobs & obnoxious as all hell :P

my likes

Alton Brown love the science and technique, Jaime Oliver...mmm yummy to look at, Tyler Florence...yumm too, Nigella Lawson ....I try to be as fabulous as she is, and the Barefoot Contessa....love her motherly elegant and simple appeal....what's her name again?

Dislike very much:

Emeril -- he's too obnoxious and switches between a nasal New England accent and a Cajun drawl
    Bobby Flay ---ugghh, someone take the grill away from him
    Rachel Ray ----her voice

Am I the only one who wants to eat something completely disgusting with Tony Bourdain...and then do something completely dirty with him? Admittedly, you never saw him cook anything, but the guy is super hot.

And my boyfriend and I both have foodie-crushes on Jamie Oliver, especially since he got a little heavier. Somehow the roundness makes him cuter. (Okay, mine isn't just a foodie-crush...)

Re: my likes

Quote Originally Posted by kinezz
    the Barefoot Contessa....love her motherly elegant and simple appeal....what's her name again?
    Her name's Ina Garten, I love her too. Also love: Paula of Paula's Home Cooking (I know to some she might seem twee, but her style reminds me of home and she has some great bad-for-you recipes), Ming Tsai, Nigella Lawson, Sarah Moulton, Alton Brown. Oh, and I like Lydia, too. And there's a show on the Food Network called Melting Pot -- I haven't seen it in a while, but I assume it's still on there sometime -- and I like most of the cooks on there.

Boo: Emeril, Bobby Flay, Miss Sandra Lee, and the chick from Everyday Italian, although I have liked a couple of her recipes. Oh, and the Cooking Thin chick.

On the fence: Rachael Ray, Mario Batali, Tyler Florence, Jamie Oliver.

Ming Tsai is my favorite, though.

ETA: and that guy on the new low-carb show on the Food Network -- he creeps me out, although he seems friendly enough. I guess he's not technically a Celebrity, but he's a chef on TV, so I'll count him.

I'm perplexed as to why Bobby Flay has so many shows on when it seems like hardly anyone I talk to can stand him!

i love:
    tyler florence
    jamie oliver
    alton brown
    martha stewart (still!)
    nigella lawson
    ina garten

dont like:
    rachel ray
    emeril
    bobby flay
    sandra lee