Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Oh no! I forgot Ming Tsai, and he's the one who has the worlds easiest/best Fried Rice recipe!

I also like the Paula lady...she has that southern accent and it's just so cute to watch her and hear her talk.

2. # ADS

Seems like every time I turn to the Food Network, all that's on is Emeril...who makes me want to claw out my eyeballs and throw myself off a cliff...

Lalamark- I, too have a huge thing for Tony Bourdain...where has "A Cook's Tour" gone???

i loooooooooooooove jamie oliver. i have a thing for guys with accents, so it's just a perk that he can actually cook.

I read in an airplane on-board magazine that Tony Bourdain is taking time off from his TV stuff to concentrate on his fiction. I haven't read any of his novels or short stories, but he's gotten decent reviews. Apparently his fiction has the same joie de vivre/snarky attitude as Kitchen Confidential and his TV show. So good for him, bad for me. I wanna see him swimming in Mexico and drinking cobra blood in Thailand, dammit!

And oh, boys with accents who cook! When I went to visit my boyfriend in England over the holidays, he'd made me a shepherd's pie and written "LA (heart) LA" in the mashed potatoes on the top. He got the recipe from his "Cooking for Blokes" cookbook. Cutie cute!

I like Nigella- I love her attitude to food as well as her look. She eats! She enjoys! I also like Gordon Ramsey- I don't know if he has been on over in the states yet? I always hated him, thought he was really obnoxious (he is famous for throwing food critics out of his restaurant for asking for tomato sauce!) but then I saw a series where he went to ailing restaurants and helped them get back on his feet. His passion for what he does really comes through. I wish we had the Alton programme over here!

i used to be a fan of nigella lawson til the following happened. i made her a really beautiful necklace and brought it to an in-store appearance she was having in ny. first, i was told i couldn't wait on line to meet her because you had to have bought one of the products in her new line of cookware in order to do that... i explained to the lady that i was a jewelry designer and had made her a necklace i was hoping to give her, and she went and asked the necessary ppl for permission and said ok. after waiting on line for at least 1/2 hr, i got to nigella and presented her with the nicely wrapped present, and she said (snootily) 'oh thanks' and took the bag, and didn't open it. i said, 'my card is in there' and she said 'ok' and i never heard a word of thanks from her.

i was crushed -- that necklace was so perfect for her... i thought she's surely at least send a thank-you email. she's definitely no longer my favorite cooking celeb!

yan can cook!!! the whole of iron chef would be my all-time favorite. i saw one the other day where the chairman was BOYCOTTING the show because the iron chefs kept getting defeated. it was AWESOME.

i hate nigella. my brother really hates bobby flay.

in middle school i sort of obsessively watched the urban peasant (james barber). no idea.

I like most of the celebrity chefs. My personal faves are Paula Dean (I'm from the south, though not as deep south as her, but her cooking is close to that of my grandomthers), Ina Garten, and Rachel Ray. I like Sandra Lee a lot, but not for everyday cooking. Her recipes have helped me out greatly for party planning, etc.

I like Nigella, and Jamie too. I like the way they both enjoy food and eating so much. I also like their accents! And this might sound funny, but I like the 'colours' of their show - Jamie is really bright and happy, while Nigella tends to be darker, more sensuous and chocolatey.

A good Australian TV chef is Kylie Kwong. She has a Chinese restaurant and her show is about preparing beautiful Chinese food - she draws inspiration from her mother's cooking. Her show is really wonderful.

damn, nigella should have been nicer about the necklace. maybe she was scared?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads