Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

favorite celebrity chef

my likes
    Alton Brown from Good Eats, Gale Gand from sweet dreams, Iron Chef Morimoto, Justin Wilson the old cajun chef from PBS, Ming Tsi, Sarah Moulton, Jamie Oliver, Tyler Florence

dislikes
    Rachel Ray, Galluping Gourmet, Jeff Smith Frugal Gourmet, Emeril Lagasse, lisa and dweezil, Wolfgang Puck

I also like Mark Summers on unwrapped but I get more nostalgia from double dare then I do from moonpies

2. # ADS

I don't watch any of the cooking shows. But I adore Paul Prudhomme's sense of balance in seasonings. I've never, NEVER, trusted a chef's recipes so implicitly as I do his. Oh, okay, James Beard had that touch too.

And Martin Yan. Love his cooking.

I don't like watching chefs like Justin Wilson or Emeril. There's this kinda weenie guy that my mother watches once in a while. Don't know his name but he was a foodie nut who maybe was a schoolteacher before, and his wife got tired of him always yelling at the TV chefs.

I can't stand Emeril. I guess it's because he tries to be charismatic (and fails), and his food doesn't interest me...

Mmm... Jamie Oliver. His food's pretty good, too.

I haven't watched t.v. in a long time, so I can't say any others besides Jamie... so devastated to learn he was happily married and all... now who will be my lovely British celebrity chef imaginary husband?

Quote Originally Posted by lizzymahoney
    I There's this kinda weenie guy that my mother watches once in a while. Don't know his name but he was a foodie nut who maybe was a schoolteacher before, and his wife got tired of him always yelling at the TV chefs.
    Thats my Alton!

Alton Brown, Jamie Oliver, Sarah Moulton, Rachel Rey and Wolfgang puck are cool, imo. I also like Jaque...he is a pastry chef, french, and loves chocolate.

I liked Emeril BEFORE he got SUPER popular on that show. When it first started he wasn't as obnoxious, or so into the BAM thing

Alton is my favorite!! I love that he explains all the science and technical aspects on his show, probably because I am the biggest dork ever. And I am so jealous of his mixer with the flames! I mean, mine is blue which is nice, but flames! On a mixer! I like Morimoto too. There is just somthing I find endearing about him. I'm dying to go to his restaraunt since I live in Philly, but I am grad-student poor so that will never happen.

And Emeril fills me with thoughts of violent rage. I can't even watch his toothpaste commercials. Rachel Ray I find annoying too, but I look up her 30-minute stuff, I've found some good ideas that way.

Actually, I dislike most of the Food Network stuff escept for Alton and Iron Chef.

When I lived in Pittsburgh, there was this Italian lady's show on PBS I liked a lot, I think her name was Lidia? I never made her food, but she was very grandmotherly and fun to watch. Especially since I didn't have cable.

yes, I like the way Alton explains things and he explains how they can be used in other ways. His shows are more about techniques instead of just watching someone cook.

I forgot to mention the 2 fat ladies!! although I dont like butter.

Jumping on the Alton Brown bandwagon; ahoy maties! Yeah, he's a geek, but I love him. There's a multi-page article about him in this month's Wired magazine.

I'm also a big fan of Christopher Kimball. He's the editor of Cook's Illustrated and does the "America's Test Kitchen" show. He was on Martha Stewart's show on the Food Network last week, and he actually bossed her around and made her look bumbling. He's sort of a crotchety, old New Englander, but his staff members look like they have a lot of fun on the show. His recipes are *awesome* too.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that covets the flame mixer! :)

I like Alton, Rachael, and Tyler Florence.

I can't stand Emeril, Wolfgang, and the guy that hosts Top 5.

However, my biggest celebrity chef love is Nigella!

I just discovered "30-Minute Meals" yesterday. I think I have a girlcrush on Rachael Ray now.

I like Jamie Oliver, too.

That's about it...I don't watch many cooking shows at the moment, but that may change over the summer.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Ads